- 10E2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD207, also known as Langerin, is a 40 kD type II transmemberane cell glycoprotein which belongs to C-type lectin with mannose binding specificity. It is predominantly expressed on Langerhans cells and induces the formation of Birbeck granules, the Langerhans cell hallmark organelle. It is also found on several other subtypes of dendritic cells, such as dermal CD103-positive dendritic cells and splenic CD8-positive dendritic cells. Langerin is generally thought to be involved in antigen processing. Recently, it has been found that HIV captured by Langerin was internalized into Birbeck granule and degraded, which results in inhibition of HIV-1 infection and subsequent transmission.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Reported Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Primary human Langerhans cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported application (for the relevant formats) includes: blocking the binding of HIV-1 to Langerhans cells1.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Witte LD, et al. 2007. Nat. Med. 13:367. (Block)
- Product Citations
AB_10898115 (BioLegend Cat. No. 352202)
- 40 kD glycoprotein
Langerhans cells, dermal CD103-positive dendritic cells, and splenic CD8-positive dendritic cells
- Binding and processing antigen; capturing, internalizing and degrading HIV
- Antigen containing mannose, N-acetyl glucosamine, and fucose
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Langerhans cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Valladeau J, et al. 2000. Immunity 12:71.
2. Mc Dermott R, et al. 2002. Mol. Biol. Cell. 13:317.
3. Mizumoto N, et al. 2004. J. Clin. Invest. 113:701.
4. Witte LD, et al. 2007. Nat. Med. 13:367.
- Gene ID
- 50489 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD207 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-human CD207 (Langerin)||10E2||FC|
|PE anti-human CD207 (Langerin)||10E2||FC|
|APC anti-human CD207 (Langerin)||10E2||FC|
|TotalSeq™-A0403 anti-human CD207 (Langerin)||10E2||PG|
|TotalSeq™-C0403 anti-human CD207 (Langerin)||10E2||PG|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.