- 4F7 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Beta-dystroglycan, Beta-DG, DAG1
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Dystroglycan is a central component of dystrophin-glycoprotein complex that is encoded by the DAG1 gene. Dystroglycan links the cytoskeletal structure to the extracellular matrix. Dystroglycan is proteolytically cleaved to 2 functional peptides, α- and β-dystroglycan. β-dystroglycan is a transmembrane protein, which acts as a cell adhesion receptor in human tissues. The interactions between β-dystroglycan and dystrophin and utrophin scaffolds axin to the cytoskeleton. β-dystroglycan has also been reported to play a role in cell adhesion-mediated signaling and is implicated in cell polarity.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- KLH-conjugated peptide corresponding to the last 15 amino acids (KNMTPYRSPPPYVPP) of L-Dystroglycan.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Verified
IP - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 5.0 µg per ml. For immunohistochemical staining on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 5.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Sumita K, et al. 2007. J. Neurochem. 100(1):154. (IP, WB)
AB_2687292 (BioLegend Cat. No. 849401)
AB_2687293 (BioLegend Cat. No. 849402)
- Dystroglycan is an 895 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of ~97 kD. β-dystroglycan, a cleavage product of dystroglycan, is a 242 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of ~43 kD.
Tissue distribution: Primarily expressed in muscle tissue. Also present in other tissue including CNS.
Cellular distribution: nucleus, plasma membrane, and cytoskeleton.
- β-dystroglycan is involved in a number of processes including laminin and basement membrane assembly, sarcolemmal stability, cell survival, peripheral nerve myelination, nodal structure, cell migration, and epithelial polarization.
- Interacts with dystrophin, utrophin and other cytoskeletal components such as axin.
- Receptor for dystrophin and utrophin.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Murphy S and Ohlendieck K. 2015. Comput. Struct. Biotechnol. J. Nov 26;14:20-7.
2. Moore CJ and Winder SJ. 2012. Neuromuscul. Disord. Nov: 22(11): 959.
- Gene ID
- 1605 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about beta-Dystroglycan on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-β-Dystroglycan||4F7||WB, IHC-P, IP|
|HRP anti-β-Dystroglycan||4F7||WB, IHC-P|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.