- Poly8119 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Amyloid beta A4 protein, preA4, protease nexin-II, peptidase nexin-II, beta-amyloid peptide, alzheimer disease amyloid protein, cerebral vascular amyloid peptide, APP, Amyloid Precursor Protein
Signet Catalog# 9148-005
Covance Catalog# SIG-39148
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
APP intracellular domain (AICD) is a peptide fragment that results from intramembraneous proteolysis of the amyloid precursor protein (APP). APP is a single-pass transmembrane protein that is involved in the pathophysiology of Alzheimer's disease (AD). APP is cleaved by gamma-secretase that releases the AICD into the cytoplasm. Soon after its release from the membrane, AICD is rapidly degraded in the cytoplasm partly by insulin degrading enzymes.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- Do not store antibody diluted below 50 µg/mL in the absence of protein (i.e. add 2% bovine serum albumin). The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
ICC - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA applications, a concentration range of 0.01 - 1 µg/mL is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody is specific for AICD (APP intracellular domain), which is a peptide fragment that results from the cleavage of C83 or C99 at the epsilon site. It does not react with the C57 or C59 γ-secretase cleavage products of APP.
This product may contain other non-IgG subtypes.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kaori K, et al. 2012. Invest Opththalmol Vis Sci. 53:7675-83. (WB)
- Stieren ES, et al. 2011. J Biol Chem. 286:35689-98. (WB)
- Tampellini D, et al. 2011. J Neurosci. 31:15384-90. (IF) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2564761 (BioLegend Cat. No. 811901)
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.