- TW7-20B9 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Transforming growth factor-beta 1 (TGF-b1), Latency Associated Peptide (LAP), TGFB1, DPD1
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Transforming growth factor beta (TGF-β) is a cytokine that has critical functions in immune response by regulating Treg and Th17 cells. TGF-β is first synthesized as pro-TGF-β and then it is cleaved by furin proprotein convertase in the Golgi apparatus to produce the dimeric propeptides called latency-associated peptide (LAP) that non-covalently associates with the dimeric mature TGF-β to prevent its activity. This complex can further associate with latent-TGF-β-binding protein (LTBP) to produce a large latent form for deposition onto the extracellular matrix. The latent-TGF-β can be expressed on the membrane of activated Treg cells, immature dendritic cells, megakaryocytes, and platelets.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse Tgfb1-transduced P3U1 cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Clone TW7-20B9 has been reported to not cross-react with human LAP.2 Several anti-LAP antibody clones have been compared and characterized for their LAP reactivity.2 This antibody recognizes recombinant LAP, latent TGF-ß, and pro-TGF-ß.
Additional reported applications (for relevant formats) include: Western blotting1, immunoprecipitation1, and neutralization2. TW7-20B9 is able to neutralize certain unconventional T cell-derived forms of TGF-ß activity, but not the distinct 25 kDa free form of TGF-ß.2
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Oida T, et al. 2010. PLoS ONE (FC, IP, WB)
- Oida T, et al. 2011. PLoS ONE 6:e18365. (Neut)
- Tu Z, et al. 2012. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 53:959. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_10717505 (BioLegend Cat. No. 141305)
AB_10720866 (BioLegend Cat. No. 141306)
- Dimmers of latency-associated peptide non-covalently associated with dimmers of mature TGF-β
Many cell types, highly expressed on activated Tregs and platelets
- TGF-β controls cell differentiation, tissue morphogenesis, cell growth, inflammation, matrix synthesis, apoptosis, and regulates immune response.
- TGF-β receptors
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Platelets, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Immunology, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Cytokines/Chemokines, Growth Factors
- Antigen References
1. Oida T, et al. 2010. PLoS
2. Tran D, et al. 2009. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 106:13445.
3. Ochi H, et al. 2006. Nat. Med. 12:627.
4. Oida T, et al. 2003. J. Immunol. 170:2516.
5. Nakamura K. 2001. J. Exp. Med. 194:629.
6. Miyazono K, et al. 1993. Growth Factors 8:11.
- Gene ID
- 21803 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about LAP on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
|Purified anti-mouse LAP (TGF-β1)||TW7-20B9||FC, IP, WB, Neut|
|PE anti-mouse LAP (TGF-β1)||TW7-20B9||FC|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse LAP (TGF-β1)||TW7-20B9||FC, IP, Neut, WB|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.