- S18018E (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- T8, Lyt2, Ly-2
- Rat IgG2b, λ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD8, also known as Lyt-2, Ly-2, or T8, consists of disulfide-linked α and β chains that form the α(CD8a)/β(CD8b) heterodimer and α/α homodimer. CD8a is a 34 kD protein that belongs to the immunoglobulin family. The CD8 α/β heterodimer is expressed on the surface of most thymocytes and a subset of mature TCR α/β T cells. CD8 expression on mature T cells is non-overlapping with CD4. The CD8 α/α homodimer is expressed on a subset of γ/δ TCR-bearing T cells, NK cells, intestinal intraepithelial lymphocytes, and lymphoid dendritic cells. CD8 is an antigen co-receptor on T cells that interacts with MHC class I on antigen-presenting cells or epithelial cells. CD8 promotes T cell activation through its association with the TCR complex and protein tyrosine kinase lck.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant mouse CD8a
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
AB_2894434 (BioLegend Cat. No. 162303)
AB_2894434 (BioLegend Cat. No. 162304)
- Ig superfamily, CD8α chain, 34 kD
Most thymocytes, T cell subset, some NK cells, lymphoid dendritic cells
- Co-receptor for TCR
- MHC class I molecule
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, NK cells, T cells, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Ledbetter JA, et al. 1979. Immunol. Rev. 47:63. (IHC, IP)
2. Hathcock KS. 1991. Current Protocols in Immunology. 3.4.1. (Deplete)
3. Takahashi K, et al. 1992. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 89:5557. (Block, IP)
4. Ledbetter JA, et al. 1981. J. Exp. Med. 153:1503. (Block)
5. Hata H, et al. 2004. J. Clin. Invest. 114:582. (IHC)
6. Fan WY, et al. 2001. Exp. Biol. Med. 226:1045. (IHC)
7. Shih FF, et al. 2006. J. Immunol. 176:3438. (FC)
8. Kamimura D, et al. 2006. J. Immunol. 177:306.
9. Bouwer HGA, et al. 2006. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 103:5102. (FC, Deplete)
10. Kao C, et al. 2005. Int. Immunol. 17:1607. PubMed
11. Ko SY, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 175:3309. (FC) PubMed
12. Rasmussen JW, et al. 2006. Infect. Immun. 74:6590
- Gene ID
- 12525 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD8a on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
|Purified anti-mouse CD8a Antibody||S18018E||FC|
|PE anti-mouse CD8a||S18018E||FC|
|APC anti-mouse CD8a||S18018E||FC|
|APC/Fire™ 750 anti-mouse CD8a||S18018E||FC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.