- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- MIF Pre-coated ELISA,
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|438407||1 Pre-coated Plate||316,00€|
Human Macrophage Migration Inhibitory Factor (MIF) is a 12.5 kD, 115 amino acid, non-glycosylated polypeptide and is expressed by multiple cell types including activated T cells, macrophages, eosinophils, epithelial cells, and endothelial cells. MIF plays many roles in biological processes such as catalytic activity, immunity, endocrine regulation, signal modulation, and inflammation. MIF is expressed in malignant cells including lung, liver, breast, colon, and prostate tumors. Recombinant MIF is a mixture of monomers, dimers, and trimers. The physiologically active forms are believed to be predominantly the dimeric and trimeric forms1, 2.
BioLegend’s LEGEND MAX™ Human Active MIF ELISA Kit is a Sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) with 96 well microtiter strip plates that are pre-coated with a capture antibody, specific for dimeric, trimeric or higher levels of MIF complex.
This kit is specifically designed for the accurate quantitation of human active MIF from cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma and other biological fluids. This kit is analytically validated, with ready-to-use reagents.
- Kit Contents
- Anti-Human MIF Pre-coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Human MIF Dectection Antibody
- Human MIF Standard
- Avidin-HRP A
- Assay Buffer A
- Wash Buffer (20X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Stop Solution
- Plate Sealers
- Product Citations
- 17.4 ± 9.2 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 125-8,000 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microplate reader able to measure absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 1 µL to 1,000 µL
- Deionized water
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Shaker
- Polypropylene vials
- Cell Sources
- Activated T cells, macrophages, eosinophils, epithelial cells, and endothelial cells
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Potolicchio I, et al. 2003. J. Biol. Chem. 278:30889.
2. Meyer-Siegler K, et al. 2005. BMC Cancer 5:73.
- Gene ID
- 4282 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about MIF on UniProt.org
- In your LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kits, there is a step that calls for washing the plates before adding sample. What is the purpose of this step?
We typically use a stabilizer for pre-coated plates. The additional washing step is designed to remove these components before you start the assay. If you do not perform the washing, the effect on assay performance is negligible.
- I have multiple LEGEND MAX™ ELISA kits that I want to run simultaneously. Can I use the same wash buffer for all the kits?
The wash buffer provided in all our LEGEND MAX™ kits is the same and the part numbers on the wash buffer bottles in these kits should be identical. For ELISA MAX™ Deluxe and ELISA MAX™ Standard Sets, we provide a recipe for the wash buffer on each kit’s technical data sheet. This recipe is the same for all ELISA MAX™ sets.
- For some of your ELISA kits, why do my serum samples require dilution with assay buffer?
In some cases, dilution with assay buffer is required to minimize the matrix difference between the samples and the standards to achieve better accuracy.