- Poly5036 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Angiotensin I Converting Enzyme 2, Angiotensin I Converting Enzyme (Peptidyl-Dipeptidase A) 2, Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Homolog, ACE-Related Carboxypeptidase, Peptidyl-Dipeptidase A, ACEH, ACE-2
- Goat Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
ACE2 is a member of the angiotensin-converting enzyme family of dipeptidyl carboxydipeptidases. It catalyzes the cleavage of the decapeptide angiotensin I into angiotensin-(1-9) and angiotensin II (potent vasoconstrictor) into the vasodilator angiotensin-(1-7). ACE2 is a type I membrane protein that functions as a carboxypeptidase. It cleaves between a proline and a single hydrophobic/basic residue from the COOH-terminus of its substrates. The human full-length enzyme possesses 805 amino acids and the ECD includes amino acids 1–740. ACE2 is a zinc metalloprotease with considerable homology to angiotensin I-converting enzyme (ACE), both enzymes contain the typical HEXXH zinc-binding motif, ACE has two catalytic sites and ACE2 has only one, and ACE2 is not inhibited by ACE inhibitors captopril, lisinopril, and enalaprilat. Studies in mice showed that disruption of ACE2 induced a severe cardiac contractility defect and increased angiotensin II levels in heart. Human ACE2 has been identified as the receptor for SARS (severe acute respiratory syndrome)-coronavirus. ACE2 binds to the coronavirus S protein present on the surface of the virion. The S protein is a type I protein with four domains that include an S1 (receptor binding subunit), an S2 (membrane-fusion subunit), a transmembrane, and a short intracellular domain. The S protein forms a trimer showing a big protrusion from the virus surface. Studies in SARS-CoV-ACE2 interactions showed that specific amino acids (Lys31 and Lys353) in human ACE2 were critical to virus-receptor binding, and naturally selected viral mutations in S1 (K479N and S487T) enhanced the affinity of S1 for human ACE2.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human ACE2
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.1 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.01 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store frozen at -20°C. Make small volume aliquots if needed and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles to prevent denaturing the antibody.
Block - Quality tested
WB, IHC-P, FC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by blocking the binding of 0.5 µg/mL biotinylated recombinant SARS-CoV-2 Spike protein S1 to 1 µg/mL immobilized recombinant human ACE2-Fc chimera (carrier-free) (Cat. No. 793206). ND50 = 1 - 6 µg/mL. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 1.0 µg/mL. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. For formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining, a concentration range of 5 - 10 µg/mL is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone has less reactivity to endothelium cells.
- Product Citations
AB_2892475 (BioLegend Cat. No. 503602)
Vascular endothelial cells of the heart, kidney, brain, and testis
- Regulates renal and cardiovascular function
- Angiotensin I and angiotensin II are substrates for ACE2.
- Spike glycoprotein expressed in human coronaviruses such as HCoV-NL63, SARS-CoV, and SARS-CoV-2.
- Antigen References
- Crackower MA, et al. 2002. Nature. 417:822-8.
- Vickers C, et al. 2002. J Biol Chem. 277:14838-43.
- Tikellis C, et al. 2003. Hypertension. 41:392-7.
- Guan Y, et al. 2003. Science. 302:276-8.
- Li F, et al. 2005. Science. 309:1864-8.
- Ferrario CM, et al. 2005. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 289: H2281-90.
- Perlman S & Netland J. 2009. Nat Rev Microbiol. 7:439-50.
- Wu K, et al. 2011. J Virol. 85:5331-7.
- Ge XY, et al. 2013. Nature. 503:535-8.
- Letko M, et al. 2020. Nat Microbiol. 5:562-569.
- Gene ID
- 59272 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about ACE2 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Other FormatsView All ACE2 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|LEAF™ Purified anti-human ACE2||Poly5036||Block,WB,IHC-P,FC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.