- STA (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- V A013
- Other Names
- VCAM-1, INCAM-110
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD106 is a 110 kD single chain type I glycoprotein also known as VCAM-1 and INCAM-110. It is expressed predominantly on activated vascular endothelium but has also been identified on follicular and interfollicular dendritic cells, some macrophages, bone marrow stromal cells, and non-vascular cell populations within joints, kidney, muscle, heart, placenta, and brain. Expression on endothelial cells as well as many other cells is induced by inflammatory stimuli and cytokines. Activated endothelial cells can release soluble forms of CD106 which can be detected in the blood. CD106 binds the integrins CD49d/CD29 (VLA-4) and α4β7 that contribute to leukocyte adhesion, transmigration, and co-stimulation of T cell proliferation.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA)
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µL per million cells in 100 µL staining volume or 5 µL per 100 µL of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunofluorescence3, immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections, immunoprecipitation2, ELISA2 capture for sCD106, and spatial biology (IBEX)5,6.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Schlossman S, et al. Eds. 1995. Leucocyte Typing V. Oxford University Press. New York.
- Leca G, et al. 1995. J. Immunol. 154:1069. (ELISA IP)
- Yen YT, et al. 2006. J. Virol. 80:2648. (IF) PubMed
- Dmitrieva NI, et al. 2015. PloS One.10:128870. PubMed
- Radtke AJ, et al. 2020. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 117:33455-33465. (SB) PubMed
- Radtke AJ, et al. 2022. Nat Protoc. 17:378-401. (SB) PubMed
AB_2832595 (BioLegend Cat. No. 305815)
AB_2832596 (BioLegend Cat. No. 305816)
- Ig superfamily, type I glycoprotein, 110 kD
Activated endothelial cells, endothelial progenitors, follicular dendritic cells
- Leukocyte adhesion, transmigration, costimulation
- VLA-4 (CD49d/CD29)
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Endothelial cells, Mesenchymal Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Carlos T, et al. 1994. Blood 84:2068.
2. Jones E, et al. 1995. Nature 373:539.
- Gene ID
- 7412 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD106 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Other FormatsView All CD106 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|APC anti-human CD106||STA||FC|
|Biotin anti-human CD106||STA||FC|
|PE anti-human CD106||STA||FC,SB|
|PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD106||STA||FC|
|Purified anti-human CD106||STA||FC,IHC-P,ICC,IP,ELISA|
|TotalSeq™-A0245 anti-human CD106||STA||PG|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD106||STA||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD106||STA||FC|
|TotalSeq™-C0245 anti-human CD106||STA||PG|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.