- O92B6 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Transcription factor SOX-17, SOX-17, SOX 17, SRY-Box17, SRY-Related HMG-Box Transcription Factor SOX17.
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|698501||25 µg||85 CHF|
|698502||100 µg||215 CHF|
SOX17 is an important member of the SOX family, which is involved in various developmental processes including germ layer formation, cell-type specification, and organogenesis. SOX17 activates endodermal target genes, and is required for the formation of endoderm and blood vessel endothelium. SOX17 also plays critical roles in the maintenance of fetal and neonatal hematopoietic stem cells.
SOX17 is also proved to be a tumor suppressor through suppression of Wnt signaling in gastrointestinal carcinomas. SOX17 expression is down-regulated in colon cancer cells by methylating promoter, and the reduced expression of SOX17 in colon cancer cells mitigates the efficiency of the colony formation.
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant protein expressed in E. Coli corresponding to aa 177-414 of human SOX17.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 2.0 µg/mL (1:1000 - 1:250 dilution). For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 5.0 μg/mL (1:500 - 1:100 dilution) is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Product Citations
AB_2687317 (BioLegend Cat. No. 698501)
AB_2687318 (BioLegend Cat. No. 698502)
- 414 amino acids, and predicted Mw is 44kDa.
- Acts as transcription regulator that binds target promoter DNA and bends the DNA.
- Interacts with CTNNB1, LEF1 and TCF4.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Signal Transduction, Transcription Factors
- Antigen References
1. Wegner M. 1999. Nucleic Acids Res. 27:1409.
2. Du YC, et al. 2009. Gastroenterology 137:1346.
3. Zorn AM, et al. 1999. Mol. Cell. 4:487.
4. Sinner D, et al. 2004. Development 131:3069.
5. Hudson C, et al. 1997. Cell. 91:397.
6. Matsui T, et al. 2006. J. Cell. Sci. 119:3513.
7. Kim I, et al. 2007. Cell. 130:470.
8. Zhang W, et al. 2008. Cancer Res. 68:2764.
- Gene ID
- 64321 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about SOX17 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.