- 18G102B2E11 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Transcription factor A, mitochondrial, mtTFA, MtTF1, TCF6, TCF-6, Transcription Factor 6
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|850503||25 µg||145,00 CHF|
|850504||100 µg||315,00 CHF|
TFAM (Transcription Factor A, Mitochondrial) binds to the mitochondrial light strand promoter and functions in mitochondrial transcription regulation, and DNA replication and repair. The protein is required for accurate and efficient promoter recognition by mitochondrial RNA polymerase. Sequence polymorphisms in the TFAM gene are associated with Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases. Other diseases associated with TFAM include Mitochondrial DNA Depletion Syndrome, Hepatocerebral Form and Deoxyguanosine Kinase Deficiency.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Full-length human TFAM protein
- This antibody is provided in 50% glycerol in aqueous buffered solutions with preservatives.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with HRP under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, the antibody solution should be stored undiluted at -20°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 5.0 µg per ml. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 5.0 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody recognizes endogenous TFAM in human brain tissues in WB and IHC applications but does not recognize mouse TFAM.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Wang YE, et al. 2013. PLoS One 8(8):e74513. (WB)
- Caielli S, et al. 2016. J Exp Med. 213(5):697-713. (WB)
AB_2734628 (BioLegend Cat. No. 850503)
AB_2734629 (BioLegend Cat. No. 850504)
- TFAM is synthesized as a precursor form with a mitochondrial targeting peptide, which is removed by processing after import to the mitochondria. Mature TFAM has an apparent molecular weight of ~25 kD. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants.
Tissue distribution: Central nervous system, skin, kidney, lung, thyroid, lymph nodes, breast, esophagus, and heart.
Cellular distribution: Mitochondrion, nucleus, and cytosol.
- TFAM functions in mitochondrial transcription regulation, and DNA replication and repair.
- TFB1M, TFB2M, CLPX
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Mitochondrial Function, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Mitochondrial Markers
- Antigen References
1. Bestwick ML, Shadel GS. 2013. Trends Biochem Sci 38(6):283-91.
2. Ramachandran A, et al. 2017. Nucleic Acids Res 45(2):861-874.
3. Günther C, et al. 2004. Neurosci. Lett. 369: 219–223.
- Gene ID
- 7019 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TFAM on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.