- A17012A (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Signal Transduced Activator of Transcription 1, Transcription Factor ISGF-3 components p91/p84
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|666405||25 µg||95 CHF|
|666406||100 µg||225 CHF|
STAT1, also known as signal transduction and activator of transcription 1, is a ubiquitously expressed cytoplasmic protein and is activated in response to cytokine signaling, including IFN-α, IFN-γ, EGF, PDGF, and IL-6. Upon activation, STAT1 is phosphorylated at Tyrosine 701 (Tyr701) by receptor-associated kinases, including JAK1, JAK2, and TYK2. This results in STAT1 dimerization and subsequent translocation to the nucleus, where it functions as a transcriptional activator. STAT1 is involved in IFN-mediated immune responses, and STAT1-deficient mice are highly sensitive to bacterial and viral infections.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ChIP - Quality tested
WB, ICFC, ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ChIP Assay. The suggested dilution for ChIP application is 1:50 by volume. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 2.0 µg per ml. For intracellular flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration of 5.0 μg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent to be titrated for optimal performance before each experiment.
For intracellular flow cytometry our True-Nuclear™ Transcription Factor Staining Protocol is recommended.
- Application Notes
Clone A17012A recognizes STAT1 phosphorylated at Tyrosine 701 (Tyr701).
When using this clone for ICC, we recommend using methanol to permeabilize fixed cells.
AB_2728501 (BioLegend Cat. No. 666405)
AB_2728502 (BioLegend Cat. No. 666406)
- Two isoforms of STAT1 exist as a result of alternative splicing. Isoform α is a 750 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 87 kD; the β isoform is a 712 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 83 kD.
Ubiquitous tissue expression, nucleoplasmic-cytosolic distribution
- Immune response activation, cell signaling
- STAT1, STAT2, IRF9, ERBB4, JAK1, JAK2, TYK2, TNK1, SHP2
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers, Phospho-Proteins
- Antigen References
- Moretti S, et al. 2017. J. Biol. Chem. 292: 1785.
- Wei J, et al. 2015. J. Immunol. 195: 2870.
- Sung PS, et al. 2015. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 112: 10443
- Ooi EL, et al. 2014. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 111: 1909.
- Wu TR, et al. 2002. J. Biol. Chem. 277: 47572.
- Horvath, et al. 1996. J. Virol. 70: 647.
- Haque SJ, et al. 1995. J. Biol. Chem. 270: 25709.
- Gene ID
- 6772 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about STAT1 Phospho Tyr701 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.