- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Thymus and activation-regulated chemokine (TARC), Small-inducible cytokine 17 (SCYA17), ABCD-2
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CCL17 was initially isolated from phytohemagglutinin-stimulated PBMCs. CCL17 is constitutively expressed in the thymus and, under activation, in several cell types. CCL17-mediated recruitment of Th2 cells and CLA+ CD4+ T cells plays a key role in allergic diseases like atopic dermatitis, allergic asthma, allergic rhinitis, and allergic contact dermatitis. In addition, CCL17 has been detected in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. Also, CCL17 and CCL22 secreted by dendritic cells seem to mediate the recruitment of regulatory T cells to sites of inflammation in patients with chronic hepatitis. CCL17 is upregulated by several combinations of cytokines: TNF-α, IL-4, and IFN-γ in bronchial epithelial cells; TGF-β1, TNF-α, and IFN-γ in human keratinocyte cell lines; and histamine and prostaglandin E2P in immature dendritic cells.Product Details
- Human CCL17, amino acids Ala24-Ser94 (Accession# Q92583.1) was expressed in E. coli.
- Molecular Mass
- The 71 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 8 kD. The DTT-reduced protein migrates at approximately 10 kD and non-reduced protein migrates at approximately 11 kD by SDS-PAGE. The N-terminal amino acid is Ala.
- >98%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- Lyophilized in sterile-filtered PBS, pH 7.2, containing 1% BSA, 0.09% sodium azide, and protease inhibitors.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for mass/vial, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store unopened vials between 2°C and 8°C immediately and use within 12 months from date of receipt. Prior to use, reconstitute the lyophilized powder with 0.2 ml of PBS containing a carrier protein (e.g., 1% BSA, protease free), pH 7.4. Re-cap vial, vortex. Allow the reconstituted standard to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes, vortex again to mix completely. The reconstituted standard stock solution can be aliquoted into polypropylene vials and stored at -70°C for up to one month. Do not re-use diluted standards. Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles.
ELISA - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this protein is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For use as an ELISA standard, a standard curve comprised of doubling dilutions from 500 pg/ml to 7.8 pg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This CCL17 (TARC) protein is useful as a standard for a human CCL17 (TARC) sandwich ELISA, using unlabeled Poly5230 antibody (Cat. No. 523002) for capture and biotinylated Poly5230 antibody (Cat. No. 523003) for detection.
Upon activation, CCL17 is expressed by PBMC, monocytes, dendritic cells, bronchial epithelial cells, smooth muscle cells, keratinocytes, and fibroblasts.
- CCL17 chemoattracts T cells, Th2 cells, and CLA+ CD4+ T cells and plays major role in allergic diseases. CCL17 can be upregulated by IL-4 in T cells and by a combination of cytokines in different cells.
- T cells, Th2 cells, CLA+ CD4 T cells, Treg cells, NK cells, NKT cells, and macrophages.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Imai T, et al. 1997. J. Biol. Chem. 272:15036.
2. McIlroy A, et al. 2006. Immunology 117:507.
3. Yogo Y, et al. 2009. Respir. Res. 10:80.
4. Stutte S, et al. 2010. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 107:8736.
5. Oo YH, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 184:2886.
- Gene ID
- 6361 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CCL17 on UniProt.org