- TW4-6H10 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Latency Associated Peptide (LAP), Transforming growth factor beta 1 (TGF-b1), TGFB1, DPD1
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
TGF-β1 (transforming growth factor β1) is a multifunctional cytokine which regulates cellular proliferation and differentiation. It is ubiquitously expressed by many types of cells. Platelets express high level of TGF-β. TGF-β is synthesized as a large protein precursor and then secreted as a complex of TGF-β and LAP (latency-associated peptide), in which LAP noncovalently associates with the dimeric mature TGF-β to prevent its activity. TGF-β requires activation before it binds to its receptors and exerts functions. It has been reported that LAP-TGF-β binds to the integrins αvβ1, αvβ6, αvβ8, and α8β1 through RGD domain. TGF-β plays an important role in controlling proliferation and differentiation of epithelial cells, endothelial cells, fibroblasts, neurons, osteoclasts, and osteoblasts. TGF-β is believed to be important in the regulation of the development of Treg, Th17, and Th9 cells. A study has shown that LAP is an activated Treg surface marker.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- LAP (TGF-β)
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
FC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay and immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For ELISA, a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml of the capture antibody was utilized to generate the example standard curve. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the end-user titrate each lot of reagents for optimal performance.
- Application Notes
To measure human LAP, biotinylated TW4-6H10 (Cat. No. 349707) can be used as a detection antibody in sandwich ELISA format, and paired with the purified TW4-6H10 (Cat. No. 349702) as the capture antibody.
To measure human latent TGF-ß, biotinylated TW4-6H10 (Cat. No. 349707) can be used as a detection antibody in sandwich ELISA format, and paired with the LEAF™ purified TW7-7H4 (Cat. No. 361202) as the capture antibody. Recombinant Human Latent TGF-ß (ELISA Std.) (Cat. No. 593509) can be used as the protein standard.
Flow Cytometry: The purified and fluorochrome-labeled TW4-6H10 antibodies are useful for immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis.
Note: For testing human LAP (TGF-ß1) in serum, plasma or supernatant, LEGEND MAX™ Human LAP ELISA Kit (Cat. No. 436807 & 436808) is specially developed and recommended. For testing human latent TGF-ß, LEGEND MAX™ Human Latent TGF-ß ELISA Kit (Cat. No. 432907 & 432908) is recommended.
- Product Citations
- About 400 amino acids, N-terminal signal peptide is required for secretion from a cell, a pro-region (LAP) and C-terminal region that becomes the mature TGF-β molecule following its release from the pro-region by proteolytic cleavage.
Ubiquitously expressed by many kinds of cells
- Multifunctional cytokine, regulates cells proliferation, and differentiation
- TGF-βRI, -RII, -RIII, CD105, LTBP, integrins
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Cytokines/Chemokines, Growth Factors
- Antigen References
1. Yi JJ, et al. 2010. Cell 142:144.
2. Tran DQ, et al. 2009. Blood 113:5125.
3. Lu M, et al. 2002. J. Cell. Sci. 115:4641.
4. Khalil N. 1999. Microbes Infect. 1:1255.
- Gene ID
- 7040 View all products for this Gene ID
- Specificity (DOES NOT SHOW ON TDS):
- Specificity Alt (DOES NOT SHOW ON TDS):
- View information about LAP on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.