- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- IL34 Precoated ELISA Kit
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|439607||1 Pre-coated Plate||$425.00|
IL-34 is a secreted glycoprotein, synthesized as a 242 amino acid precursor that contains a 20 amino acid signal sequence and a 222 amino acid mature chain. Mature human IL-34 forms a homodimer, consisting of 39 kD monomers. IL-34 is highly conserved among mammals. Human IL-34 has sequence identity of 99.6%, 72% and 71% with chimpanzee, rat, and mouse IL-34, respectively.
IL-34 is widely expressed in many tissues, but most abundant in the spleen. IL-1ß and TNF-a can induce the expression of IL-34 mRNA in osteoblasts. Also, IL-34 is induced in macrophages infected with equine infectious anemia virus (EIAV). Functionally, IL-34 increases monocyte viability, induces macrophage proliferation, and synergizes with other cytokines to generate macrophages and osteoclasts from cultured progenitors. Although IL-34 has no sequence homology with M-CSF (also CSF-1), it binds to the CSFR, the same receptor for M-CSF. IL-34 and M-CSF show an equivalent ability to support cell growth or survival, but they are not identical in biological activity and signal activation. These cytokines also have differing abilities to induce the production of chemokines (MCP-1 and eotaxin-2) in primary macrophages.
IL-34 has been implicated in some disease processes. For example, IL-34 expression is associated with synovitis severity in rheumatoid arthritis (RA) patients. IL-34 elevation in plasma from RA patients was decreased after the administration of disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDs). Also, strategies of targeting CSF1/CSF1R are already in preclinical and clinical studies for treatment of inflammatory diseases. In addition, it has been shown that IL-34 can enhance the neuroprotective property of microglia and therefore, this may be an effective approach against oAß (oligomeric ß-amyloid) neurotoxicity in Alzheimer’s disease.
LEGEND MAX™ Human IL-34 ELISA Kit is a Sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) with a 96-well strip plate that is pre-coated with a capture antibody specific for human IL-34. This kit is specifically designed for the accurate quantitation of human IL-34 from cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma (EDTA) and other biological fluids. It is analytically validated with ready-to-use reagents.
- Kit Contents
- Anti-Human IL-34 Pre-coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Human IL-34 Dectection Antibody
- Human IL-34 Standard
- Matrix A (for serum and plasma samples only)
- Avidin-HRP D
- Assay Buffer B
- Wash Buffer (20X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Stop Solution
- Plate Sealers
- 3.0 ± 5.2 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 78.1-5,000 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microplate reader able to measure absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 1 µL to 1,000 µL
- Deionized water
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Shaker
- Polypropylene vials
- Cell Sources
- IL-34 mRNA is expressed in different tissues, including spleen, heart, brain, lung, liver, kidney, thymus, testes, ovary, small intestine, prostate, and colon
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Gene ID
- 146433 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-34 on UniProt.org
- In your LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kits, there is a step that calls for washing the plates before adding sample. What is the purpose of this step?
We typically use a stabilizer for pre-coated plates. The additional washing step is designed to remove these components before you start the assay. If you do not perform the washing, the effect on assay performance is negligible.
- I have multiple LEGEND MAX™ ELISA kits that I want to run simultaneously. Can I use the same wash buffer for all the kits?
The wash buffer provided in all our LEGEND MAX™ kits is the same and the part numbers on the wash buffer bottles in these kits should identical. For ELISA MAX™ Deluxe and ELISA MAX™ Standard Sets, we provide a recipe for the wash buffer on each kit’s technical data sheet. This recipe is the same for all ELISA MAX™ sets.
- For some of your ELISA kits, why do my serum samples require dilution with assay buffer?
In some cases, dilution with assay buffer is required to minimize the matrix difference between the samples and the standards to achieve better accuracy.