- Other Names
- IL-17, IL-17AF, IL-17A/F, Interleukin 17AF
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
IL-17A/F is part of the IL-17 cytokine family which consists of six structurally related proteins (IL-17A, B, C, D, E, and F). IL-17A is expressed primarily by Th17 cells, a subset of CD4 T cells. IL-17F is most closely related to IL-17A. The two molecules share 50% aminoacid sequence homology. Like IL-17A, IL-17F mRNA and protein have been detected in Th17 cells. IL-17F and IL-17A exist as a homodimers, adopting a cysteine knot motif formed through the interactions of four cysteines, one of which is responsible for the interchain bonding. IL-17F and IL-17A can form both homodimeric and heterodimeric proteins when expressed in a recombinant system and all forms of the recombinant proteins have in vitro functional activity. In addition, activated human CD4-T cells produce the homodimers of IL-17F, IL-17A, and the IL-17F/IL-17A heterodimer.Product Details
- Molecular Mass
- The recombinant heterodimer has a predicted molecular mass of 30,552D. The DTT-reduced protein migrates as monomers, at approximately 16kD by SDS-PAGE. The non-reduced protein migrates as a heterodimer, at approximately 31kDa by SDS-PAGE. Recombinant hIL-17A/F is a disulfide linked heterodimer consisting of N-terminal methionylated hIL-17A and non-methionylated hIL-17F.
- >98%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- Lyophilized in sterile-filtered PBS, pH 7.2, containing 1% BSA, 0.09% sodium azide, and protease inhibitors.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Immediately upon receipt, store unopened vials between 2°C and 8°C and use within 12 months from date of receipt. Prior to use, reconstitute the lyophilized powder with 0.2 ml of PBS containing a carrier protein (e.g., 1% BSA, protease free), pH 7.4. Re-cap vial, vortex. Allow the reconstituted standard to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes, vortex again to mix completely. The reconstituted standard stock solution can be aliquoted into polypropylene vials and stored at -70°C for up to one month. Do not re-use diluted standards. Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles.
ELISA - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this protein is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For use as an ELISA standard, a standard curve comprised of doubling dilutions from 10.94 - 700 pg/mL is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This IL-17A/F heterodimer protein is useful as a standard for a human IL-17A/F sandwich ELISA, using unlabeled Poly5166 antibody (Cat. No. 516601) as capture and biotinylated BL23 antibody (Cat. No. 512705) as detection.
IL-17A/F is expressed by Th17 cells and activated CD4 T cells
- IL-17A/F induces the expression of CXCL1/GROα in a human bronchial epithelial cell line and primary human skin fibroblasts
- IL-17A/F might act primarily on parenchymal cells such as fibroblasts, epithelial cells, and endothelial cells
- Cell Type
- T cells, Th17
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
- Chang SH and Dong C. 2007. Cell Res. 17:435.
- Liang SC, et al. 2007. J Immunol. 179:7791.
- Wright JF, et al. 2007. J. Biol. Chem. 282:13447.
- Wright JF, et al. 2008 J. Immunol. 181:2799.
- Fouser LA, et al. 2008. Immunol. Rev. 226:87-102.
- Gene ID
- 3605 View all products for this Gene ID 112744 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-17A/F on UniProt.org