- Poly28645 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- VASN, Protein slit-like 2, Slit2
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Vasorin is a typical type-I membrane protein and is expressed in multiple physiological and pathological conditions. In vascular smooth muscle cells, vasorin functions as a TGF-β binding protein and modulates the arterial response after injury. In the brain, vasorin expression is induced by the HIF1α/STAT3 coactivator complex under hypoxia conditions. Induced vasorin binds to and regulates membrane Notch1 turnover and maintains the glioma-stem-like cells in the hypoxic niche.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human Vasorin protein (Asn298-Gly539) expressed in E. coli.
- 0.01 M PBS, pH7.4, containing 0.02% NaN3, 50% glycerol.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Store at 4°C for up to 3 months. For longer term storage aliquot into small volumes and store at -20°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 2.0 µg per ml. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2810761 (BioLegend Cat. No. 864501)
- Human vasorin is a 673 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular mass of 72 kD.
Tissue distribution: Aorta, kidney, placenta, brain, heart, liver, lung, and skeletal muscle
Cellular distribution: Secreted and membrane
- Varosin is an inhibitor of TGF-β signaling and responds to hypoxia-induced stress.
- Varosin interacts with TGF-β and Notch-1.
- Cell Type
- Neurons, Oligodendrocytes
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Stem Cells
- Antigen References
- Man J. et al. 2018. Cell Stem Cell. 22(1):104-118.e6.
- Ikeda Y. et al. 2004. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 101(29):10732-7.
- Gene ID
- 114990 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Vasorin on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-Vasorin||Poly28645||WB, IHC-P|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.