- TNF 104C (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Tumor necrosis factor, TNF-a, cachectin, APC1 protein, TNF, monocyte-derived, TNF, macrophage-derived, TNF superfamily, member 2, tumor necrosis factor alpha, tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 2
Covance Catalog# MMS-146P
- Mouse IgG2a
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
TNF-α is secreted by macrophages, monocytes, neutrophils, T cells (principally CD4+), and NK cells. Many transformed cell lines also secrete TNF-α. Monomeric human TNF-α is a 157 amino acid protein (non-glycosylated) with a reported molecular weight of 17 kD. TNF-α forms multimeric complexes; stable trimers are most common in solution. A 26 kD membrane form of TNF-α has also been described. TNF-α binding to surface receptors elicits a wide array of biological activities including: cytolysis and cytostasis of many tumor cell lines in vitro, hemorraghic necrosis of tumors in vivo, increased fibroblast proliferation, and enhanced chemotaxis and phagocytosis in neutrophils.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This monoclonal antibody was raised using recombinant soluble human TNF-α. It recognizes both the native and denatured human TNF-α.
- Phosphate-buffered solution + 0.03% Thimerosal.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
WB, FA, ELISA, FC, Neut
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• Western blot: 1:100
• Functional Blocking: 1:100
• Flow Cytometry: 1:100
• ELISA: 1:100
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in functional blocking, ELISA and flow cytometry.
AB_2565002 (BioLegend Cat. No. 901201)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Signal Transduction
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Beutler B, et al. 1988. Annu. Rev. Biochem. 57:505.
3. Beutler B, et al. 1989. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 7:625.
4. Tracey K, et al. 1993. Crit. Care Med. 21:S415.
- Gene ID
- 7124 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TNF-alpha on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.