- N270/47 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Synaptotagmin VI, Synaptotagmin 6, SYT6
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Synaptotagmin-6 (SYT6) is a member of the synaptotagmin family, which consists of 13 membrane trafficking proteins that contain a N-terminal transmembrane region, and two cytoplasmic C2 domains. It has been reported that SYT6 plays an important role in Ca2+-dependent exocytosis of secretory vesicles, thus being an essential part of the neurotransmitter release machinery. SYT6 also mediates exocytosis in sperm acrosomal reaction via similar Ca2+-dependent mechanism.Product Details
- Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Fusion protein corresponding to amino acids 246-333 (cytoplasmic C2A domain) of mouse Synaptotagmin-6.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 10 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
The double bands observed in WB may correspond to the phosphorylation status of SYT61.
In-house evaluation shows that this antibody does not work in IHC.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Roggero CM, et al. 2005. Dev. Biol. 285:422-35.
AB_2750179 (BioLegend Cat. No. 853901)
AB_2750180 (BioLegend Cat. No. 853902)
- Synaptotagmine-6 is a 511 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of ~57 kD.
Tissue Distribution: Mainly expressed in the brain (olfactory bulb)
Cellular Distribution: Cytosol and plasma membrane
- SYT6 is involved in Ca2+-dependent exocytosis of secretory vesicles.
- SYT6 forms homodimer and may also form heterodimer with STY3, SYT7, SYT9, and SYT10. SYT6 also interacts with STX1A, STX1B, and STX2.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Presynaptic proteins
- Antigen References
- Mikoshiba K et al. 1999. Chem. Phys. Lipids. 98:59.
- Wong YH, et al. 2015. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 112:E4475.
- Gene ID
- 148281 View all products for this Gene ID 60565 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Synaptotagmin-6 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.