- Other Names
- Monocyte chemotactic protein 2 (MCP-2), small inducible cytokine subfamily A, member 8 (SCYA8),Chemokine (C-C motif) ligand 8, CCL8, MCP2, MCP-2
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|446907||1 Pre-coated Plate||$425|
CCL8, also known as MCP-2, is a CC chemokine of the monocyte chemoattractant protein (MCP) family that plays key roles in allergic and inflammatory responses. CCL8 (MCP-2) has structural and functional similarity to other family members MCP-1 and MCP-3, and is often co-expressed with these chemokines in mononuclear cells. CCL8 is also constitutively expressed in the skin and lymph nodes of mice.
Mouse CCL8 induces a chemotactic migration of a population of differentiated Th2 cells enriched in IL-5 and IL-25 receptors by binding to the CCR8 receptor. Recent studies have established CCL8 as a critical ligand for driving CCR8-dependent Th2 cell trafficking into the skin, which in conjunction with locally recruited eosinophils drives chronic cutaneous allergic inflammation. CCL8 expression by suprabasal buldge cells has also been experimentally shown to negatively regulate the population of mouse hair follicles Langerhans cells, further underscoring this chemokines central contributions to maintaining cutaneous immunity.
The BioLegend LEGEND MAX™ Mouse CCL8 (MCP-2) ELISA Kit is a Sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) with a 96-well strip plate that is pre-coated with a rat monoclonal anti-mouse CCL8 (MCP-2) antibody. The detection antibody is a biotinylated goat polyclonal anti-mouse MCP-1 antibody. This kit is specifically designed for the accurate quantitation of mouse CCL8 (MCP-2) from cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma, and other biological fluids. This kit is analytically validated with ready-to-use reagents.
- Kit Contents
- Anti-Mouse CCL8 (MCP-2) Pre-coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Mouse CCL8 (MCP-2) Dectection Antibody
- Mouse CCL8 (MCP-2) Standard
- Assay Buffer A
- Wash Buffer (20X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Stop Solution
- Plate Sealers
- 5.1+ 3.3 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 31.3-2,000 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microplate reader able to measure absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 1 µL to 1,000 µL
- Deionized water
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Polypropylene Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Shaker
- Polypropylene vials
- For some of your ELISA kits, why do my serum samples require dilution with assay buffer?
Dilution with assay buffer is required to minimize the matrix difference between the samples and the standards to achieve better accuracy.
- I have multiple LEGEND MAX™ ELISA kits that I want to run simultaneously. Can I use the same wash buffer for all the kits?
The Wash buffer is the same for all the current LEGEND MAX™ kits. All the part numbers on the Wash Buffer bottles in these kits should be the same. For ELISA MAX™ Deluxe and ELISA MAX™ Standard sets, we provide a recipe for the wash buffer on each kit’s technical data sheet. This recipe is the same for all ELISA MAX™ sets.
- In your LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kits, there is a step that calls for a washing of the plates before even adding any sample to it. What is the purpose of this step?
We typically use a stabilizer for pre-coated plates. The washings were designed to remove these components before you start the assay. If you do not do the washings, the effect on assay performance is negligible.