- 1H7/CD221 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Insulin-like growth factor 1 receptor (IGF1R)
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD221, also known as insulin-like growth factor 1 receptor (IGF1R), is a 135 kD transmembrane receptor. It is widely expressed on lymphoid and myeloid cells as well as non-haematopoietic cells. CD221 is a tyrosine kinase receptor and the ligands for CD221 are insulin-like growth factor 1 and 2 (IGF-1 and IGF-2), the polypeptide hormones similar in molecular structure to insulin. IGF-1/2 binding activates downstream PI3K and MAPK pathways and plays an important role in cell growth. Recent studies reveal its function of recruiting immune cells during tissue repair.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- IGF-1 receptor purified from human placentas
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.1 EU/µg of the protein (<0.01 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
Block, IHC, IP, WB - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume or 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone has been published as 1H7. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting1, immunoprecipitation1, immunohistochemical staining of frozen tissue sections2, and blocking functions2-5.
This product is offered for sale and sold pursuant to a license to seller by City of Hope and may be used only as a research reagent. Use for any other purpose is expressly not authorized.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Li SL, et al. 1993. Biochem. Bioph. Res. Co. 196:92. (WB IP)
- Li SL, et al. 2000. Cancer Immunol. Immun. 49:243. (IHC Block)
- Ye JJ, et al. 2003. Horm. Metab. Res. 35:836. (Block)
- Kusada Y, et al. 2008. J. Biochem. 143:9. (Block)
- Ohtani M, et al. 2009. Biosci. Trends. 3:131. (Block)
AB_10900245 (BioLegend Cat. No. 351804)
- IGF-1R contains 2 α subunits and 2 β subunits, 135 kD
Haematopoietic cells and non-haematopoietic cells
- Cell growth and immune cells recruitment
- IGF-1, IGF-2
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Baudler S, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 174:5516.
2. Sharp LL, et al. 2005. Nat. Immunol. 6:73.
- Gene ID
- 3480 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD221 on UniProt.org
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.