- Poly18339 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Keratin, type I cytoskeletal 15, CK-15, cytokeratin-15, keratin-15, beta, keratin-15, basic
Covance Catalog# PCK-153P
- Chicken Polyclonal
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
- Intended Use
In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD). Use in immunohistochemistry (IHC) test methods only.
The polyclonal antibody Poly18339 is used for the in vitro examination of human biological samples using immunohistochemistry (IHC) methods for the qualitative identification of Keratin 15. The clinical interpretation of any staining or its absence should be complemented by morphological studies and proper controls and should be evaluated within the context of the patient's clinical history and other diagnostic tests by a qualified pathologist.
- Human, Mouse, Primate
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This monospecific polyclonal antibody was raised in chickens against a peptide sequence derived from the C-terminus of the human keratin 15 protein, CDGQVVSSHKREI.
- Phosphate-buffered solution + 0.03% Thimerosal.
- The antibody was purified by IgY affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- When stored at ≤ -20°C, product is stable until the date shown on the label. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles to prevent denaturing the antibody. If thawed and stored at 2-8°C, product is stable for 24 months from the date of thaw or until the expiry date on the label, whichever comes first.
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunohistochemical staining.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• IHC: 1:500 with a biotin based detection system such as biotinylated anti-chicken immunoglobulin and USA Ultra Streptavidin Detection (Cat. No. 931001).
Tissue Sections: Paraffin-embedded tissues
Pretreatment: For optimal staining, the sections should be pretreated with an antigen unmasking solution such as Citrate Buffer Retrieval solution (Cat. No. 928502, 928602).
Incubation: 60 minutes at room temperature
Precautions for Use: Use appropriate personal protective equipment and safety practices per universal precautions when working with this reagent. Refer to the reagent safety data sheet.
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunohistochemistry (IHC).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Liu Y, Lyle S, Yang Z, Cotsarelis G. Keratin 15 promoter targets putative epithelial stem cells in the hair follicle bulge. J Invest Dermatol 121(5):963-8, 2003. [IHC]
- Jih DM, Lyle S, Elenitsas R, Elder DE, Cotsarelis G. Cytokeratin 15 expression in trichoepitheliomas and a subset of basal cell carcinomas suggests they originate from hair follicle stem cells. J Cutan Pathol 26(3):113-118, 1999.
- Leube RE, Bader BL, Bosch FX, Zimbelmann R, Achtstaetter T, Franke WW. Molecular characterization and expression of the stratification-related cytokeratins 4 and 15. J Cell Biol 106(4):1249-1261, 1988.
- Product Citations
AB_2564970 (BioLegend Cat. No. 833901)
- Does BioLegend manufacture antibodies at GMP grade?
BioLegend antibodies and reagents that carry the IVD or ASR designation are manufactured in a registered GMP facility, while our other products are manufactured under ISO 13485 certification. Both environments provide high quality products. To learn more about our quality standards visit our Quality Control page at: https://www.biolegend.com/QC.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.