- N245/1 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- MRD10, TARP gamma-2, Voltage-dependent calcium channel gamma-2 subunit, TARP gamma-2, transmembrane AMPAR regulatory protein gamma-2, neuronal voltage-gated calcium channel gamma-2 subunit
- Mouse IgG2a
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Transmembrane AMPAR regulatory protein (TARP) γ2, also known as voltage-dependent calcium channel γ2 (CACNG2), MRD10, and stargazin, is a subunit of L-type calcium channels that stabilizes inactive (closed state) calcium channels. Stargazin has an essential role in learning due its role in AMPAR transport.
Encoded by CACNG2 gene, TARP γ2 (Stargazin), a 36-kD protein, is a brain-specific transmembrane AMPA receptor regulatory protein that modulates the trafficking and ion channel kinetics of glutamate AMPA receptors. It is also a putative subunit of neuronal voltage-gated calcium channels. Six TARP isoforms, γ-2 (stargazin), γ-3, γ-4, γ-5, γ-7, and γ-8, have distinct though partially overlapping patterns of expression in the central nervous system (CNS). Stargazin not only mediates AMPA receptor trafficking, but also shapes synaptic responses by slowing channeling deactivation and desensitization. It alters AMPA receptor kinetics by increasing the rate of channel opening. Disrupting the interaction of stargazin ectodomain with hippocampal AMPA receptors alters the shape of synaptic responses, which establishes a crucial function for stargazin in controlling the efficacy of synaptic transmission in the brain.
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This monoclonal antibody was raised against a fusion protein corresponding to amino acids 203-323 (cytoplasmic C-terminus) of rat TARPγ2.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 594 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunocytochemistry. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 0.1 - 10 μg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 594 has an excitation maximum of 590 nm, and a maximum emission of 617 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in Immunocytochemistry (ICC).
ICC Positive Control: Human SH-SY5Y cell line
AB_2566481 (BioLegend Cat. No. 681604)
- 323 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 36 kD.
- Regulates the trafficking and gating properties of AMPA-selective glutamate receptors (AMPARs). Promotes their targeting to the cell membrane and synapses and modulates their gating properties.
- DLG4/PSD-95 and DLG1/SAP97, GOPC (by similarity), GRIA1, found in a complex with GRIA1, GRIA2, GRIA3, GRIA4, CNIH2, CNIH3, CACNG3, CACNG4, CACNG5, CACNG7, and CACNG8 (by similarity).
- Acts as an auxiliary subunit for AMPA-selective glutamate receptors.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Signal Transduction
- Antigen References
1. Letts VA, et al. 1998. Nat. Genet. 4:340.
2. Chen L, et al. 2000. Nature 408:936.
3. Fukaya M, et al. 2005. Neurosci. Res. 53:376.
4. Nissenbaum J, et al. 2010. Genome Res. 9:1180.
5. Rigby M, et al. 2015. J. Neurosci. 35:4203.
6. Hamdan FF, et al. 2011. Am. J. Hum. Genet. 88:306.
- Gene ID
- 84347 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TARP Gamma2/Stargazin on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.