- W18057A (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Annexin A2, Annexin II, Calpactin-1 Heavy Chain, Lipocortin II, P36, Placental Anticoagulant Protein IV, Protein I, ANX2L4, LPC2D, PAP-IV, Chromobinding 8, Epididymis Secretory Sperm Binding Protein, HEL-S-270
- Rat IgG2a, λ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Annexin A2 (ANXA2) is a member of the annexin family, which are calcium-dependent phospholipid-binding proteins that play a role in the regulation of cellular growth and signal transduction pathways. Annexin A2 forms a heterotetramer complex with p11(S100A10) protein on the plasma membrane which then co-localizes with CD44, tenascin-C, cathepsin B and tissue plasminogen activator (t-PA). This complex leads to the activation of growth factors, proteases, degradation of extracellular matrix (ECM) proteins, and results in an increase in cancer cell adhesion invasion, metastasis and tumor growth. Annexin A2 also increases cancer cell proliferation and cell survival via the MAPK/ERK1/2 pathway and involves in actin cytoskeletal rearrangement and regulates cancer cell migration.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to 10-15 amino acids surrounding Lys302 of Annexin A2
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 1.0 µg per ml. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 1 - 5 μg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone failed to immunoprecipitate Annexin A2 from whole cell extracts prepared from HeLa cells.
Triton X-100 permeabilization failed to properly stain for ICC, methanol permeabilization is the preferred method.
AB_2814526 (BioLegend Cat. No. 671001)
AB_2814527 (BioLegend Cat. No. 671002)
- Annexin A2 is a 339 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 38 kD
- Promotes cancer cell survival, proliferation and migration
- Antigen References
- Zhang F, et al. 2009. J. Proteome. Res. 8(11):5041-7.
- Keklikoglou I, et al. 2015. Oncogene. 37:4867.
- Deng FY, et al. 2011. Mol. Cell. Proteomics. 11:M111
- Gene ID
- 302 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Annexin A2 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.