- 8RB13 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- RNAP subunit beta, rpoB, groN, nitB, rif, ron, stl, stv, tabD, RNA polymerase subunit beta, Transcriptase subunit beta
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
RNA polymerase (RNAP or RNApol) is an enzyme that produces primary transcript RNA. The β subunit is the second-largest subunit, and is encoded by the roB gene. RNA polymerase β is a subunit which, along wtih α (rpoC), limits core polymerase expression.Product Details
- E. coli, Bordetella, Chlamydiae, Myxococcus, Salmonella, Vibrio
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Purified recombinant E. coli RNA polymerase β subunit.
- This antibody is provided in 50% glycerol in aqueous buffered solutions with preservatives.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with HRP under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, the antibody solution should be stored undiluted at -20°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested dilution is 1:1000-1:4000. The optimal dilution should be determined by titration for each individual assay of interest.
25 µl and 100 µl of Direct-Blot™ HRP antibody can be used for approximately 5 and 20 Western blots, respectively, at the recommended concentration/dilution.
- Application Notes
Clone 8RB13 is extremely useful for detecting or purifying core RNAP from a broad range of bacteria. The purified polymerase is highly active for in vitro transcription.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation3. The epitope of clone 8RB13 has been mapped to the sequence PEEKLLRAIFGEKAS3.
- Application References
- Bergendahl V, et al. 2003. Protein Expr. Purif. 31:155.
- Burgess RR and Thompson NE. 2002. Curr. Opin. Biotechnol. 13:304.
- Stalder, ES. et al. 2011. Protein Expr. Purif. 77(1):26-33. (Epitope, ELISA, IP, WB)
AB_2629625 (BioLegend Cat. No. 663907)
- 1252 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of approximately 150 kD.
- Transcriptional regulator in bacteria.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
1. Thompson NE, et al. 1992. Biochemistry 31:7003.
2. Jerald Hurwitz, et al. 2005. J. Biol. Chem. 280:42477.
3. Hirata A, et al. 2008. Nature. 451:851.
4. Bergendahl IV, et al. 2003. Protein Expr. Purif. 31:155.
5. Burgess RR and Thompson NE. 2002. Curr. Opin. Biotechnol. 13:304.
- Gene ID
- 948488 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about RNA Polymerase beta on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.