- 5-271 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- GPIIIb, GPIV
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD36 is an 85 kD integral membrane glycoprotein, also known as GPIIIb, or GPIV. It is expressed on various epithelial and endothelial cells as well as erythrocytes, platelets, macrophages/monocytes and some macrophage-derived dendritic cells. CD36 functions as a scavenger receptor, binding thrombospondin, long chain fatty acids, oxidized LDL, collagen type I, IV, and V as well as apoptotic cells. The 5-271 antibody has been reported to be useful for flow cytometry.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human platelets
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 488 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
* Alexa Fluor® 488 has a maximum emission of 519 nm when it is excited at 488 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunofluorescence2.
- Application References
- Stelner E, et al. 2006. J. Cell Sci. 119:459.
- Stewart DA, et al. 2012. Mol. Cancer Res. 10:727. (IF)
AB_2814229 (BioLegend Cat. No. 336231)
AB_2814230 (BioLegend Cat. No. 336232)
- Integral membrane protein, CD36 family, single chain glycoprotein, 85-113 kD
Expressed in various epithelial and endothelial cells, erythrocytes, platelets, monocytes/ macrophages, some macrophage-derived dendritic cells
- Scavenger receptor for thrombospondin, long chain fatty acids, anionic phospholipids, oxidized LDL, collagen types I, IV and V. Involved in recognition and phagocytosis of apoptotic cells, cell adhesion.
- Thrombospondin, anionic phospholipids, oxidized LDL, collage types I, IV, and V
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Endothelial cells, Epithelial cells, Erythrocytes, Macrophages, Monocytes, Platelets
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Hogg N, et al. 1984. Immunology 53-753.
2. Greenwalt DE, et al. 1992. Blood 80:1105.
3. Armsesilla AL, et al.1994. J. Biol. Chem. 269:18985.
4. Endemann G, et al. 1993. J. Biol. Chem. 268:11811.
- Gene ID
- 948 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD36 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.