- 927 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- BST2, tetherin, HM1.2 antigen, bone marrow stromal antigen 2, PDCA-1
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
This product is eligible for a 40% discount! Promotion valid until December 31st, 2022. Exclusions apply. To view full promotion terms and conditions or to contact your local BioLegend representative to receive a quote, visit our webpage.
CD317, known as BST2, tetherin, HM1.2 antigen, bone marrow stromal antigen 2, or PDCA-1, is type II transmembrane glycoprotein with a molecular mass of 29-33 kD. It is predominantly expressed on Type I IFN-producing cells (IPCs) in naïve mice, but is up-regulated on most cell types following stimulation with type I IFNs and IFN-gamma. It is highly expressed on terminally differentiated normal plasmacytoid dendritic cells and some tumor cells, such as multiple myeloma, renal cell carcinoma, and melanoma cells. BST2 is a recently identified, IFN-induced cellular response factor that blocks release of HIV-1 and other retroviruses from infected cells. BST2 has been found to be the natural ligand of ILT7 in human model.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse plasmacytoid dendritic cells (DCs)
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
ICC, FA, Depletion - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunofluorescence microscopy, functional assay2, and depletion3,4. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Blasius AL, et al. 2006. J. Immunol. 177:3260.
- Schliemann C, et al. 2010. Blood 115:736. (FA, IF)
- Rajagopal D, et al. 2010. Blood 115:1949. (Depletion)
- Moniz RJ, et al. 2010. FEMS Immunol. Med. Microbiol. 58:397. (Depletion)
- Chen YL, et al. 2013. J Exp Med. 210:2515. PubMed
AB_2819854 (BioLegend Cat. No. 127029)
AB_2819855 (BioLegend Cat. No. 127030)
AB_2819856 (BioLegend Cat. No. 127031)
AB_2819857 (BioLegend Cat. No. 127032)
AB_2819858 (BioLegend Cat. No. 127033)
AB_2819859 (BioLegend Cat. No. 127034)
- Type II transmembrane glycoprotein with a molecular mass of 29-33 kD.
Expressed on type I IFN-producing cells, plasmacytoid dendritic cells, and neoplastic B cells, such as multiple myeloma.
- Recently identified antiviral protein that blocks the release of nascent retrovirus or other particles from infected cells.
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells
- Biology Area
- Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Douglas JL. et al. 2009. J Virol. 83(16):7931
2. Cao W et al. 2009. J. Exp. Med. 206(7):1603
3. Neil SJ. et al. 2008. Nature 451:425
- Gene ID
- 69550 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD317 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Purified anti-mouse CD317 (BST2, PDCA-1)
PE anti-mouse CD317 (BST2, PDCA-1)
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse CD317 (BST2, PDCA-1)
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse CD317 (BST2, PDCA-1)
APC anti-mouse CD317 (BST2, PDCA-1)
Pacific Blue™ anti-mouse CD317 (BST2, PDCA-1)
Biotin anti-mouse CD317 (BST2, PDCA-1)
FITC anti-mouse CD317 (BST2, PDCA-1)
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-mouse CD317 (BST2, PDCA-1)
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse CD317 (BST2, PDCA-1)
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse CD317 (BST2, PDCA-1)
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-mouse CD317 (BST2, PDCA-1)
TotalSeq™-A0811 anti-mouse CD317 (BST2, PDCA-1)
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse CD317 (BST2, PDCA-1)
TotalSeq™-C0811 anti-mouse CD317 (BST2, PDCA-1)
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-mouse CD317 (BST2, PDCA-1)
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-mouse CD317 (BST2, PDCA-1)
TotalSeq™-B0811 anti-mouse CD317 (BST2, PDCA-1) Antibody
Spark UV™ 387 anti-mouse CD317 (BST2, PDCA-1)