- 16A12A31 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Nuclear factor of activated T-cells, cytoplasmic, calcineurin-dependent 2 (NFATc2), T-cell transcription factor NFAT1, NFAT pre-existing subunit (NFATp)
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
NFATc2 is a family member of the NFAT (calcineurin-dependent nuclear factor of activated T cells) transcription factors, regulating expression of the genes involved in T-cell activation and proliferation. In resting T cells, NFATc2 protein is phosphorylated and is present in the cytoplasm. Upon stimulation, NFATc2 protein is dephosphorylated by calcium dependent phosphatase, resulting in the translocation of NFATc2 protein to the nucleus, where it induces expression of target genes. In addition to its roles in immune cells, NFATc2 is revealed to mediate VEGF signaling, transactivating the gene encoding cyclooxygenase 2 (COX2). The production of prostaglandins by cycloxoygenase 2 is required for the migration of endothelial cells and angiogenesis. NFATc2 is also suggested to participate in tumorigenesis and invasive migration of tumor cells.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- N-terminal Peptide-KLH
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.0 - 4.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2562881 (BioLegend Cat. No. 658402)
- 925 amino acids, predicted molecular weight of 100 kD; contains two transactivation domains and a Rel homology domain (RHD) responsible for DNA binding
Phosphorylated form in cytoplasm; translocates to the nucleus when dephosphorylated
- Transcription factor, regulating T cell development, differentiation, and activation
- Forms complex with other family members; interacts with p300/CBP, MAF, GATA4, and NFATC2IP
- Cell Type
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Embryonic Stem Cells, B cells, Neural Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Signal Transduction, Stem Cells, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
1. Gerlach K, et al. 2012. Cancer Res. 72:4340.
2. Ohoka Y, et al. 2011. J. Immunol. 186:733.
3. Nguyen TN, et al. 2010. Mol. Immunol. 47:2314.
4. Alev C, et al. 2009. Cell Cycle. 8:1803.
5. Becker M, et al. 2009. J. Immunol. 182:6136.
6. Horsley V, et al. 2002. J. Cell Biol. 156:771.
- Gene ID
- 4773 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about NFATc2 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.