- N-GAD65 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Glutamate Decarboxylase 2, GAD65, Glutamate Decarboxylase 65 kD Isoform, GABA
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
GAD gene encodes one of the several forms of glutamic acid decarboxylase, which is identified as a major autoantigen in insulin-dependent diabetes. The enzyme encoded is responsible for catalyzing the production of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) from L-glutamic acid. A pathogenic role for this enzyme has been identified in the human pancreas since it has been identified as an autoantibody and an autoreactive T cell target in insulin-dependent diabetes. This gene may also play a role in the stiff man syndrome. GAD65 targets presynaptic clusters in axons and exhibits relative dendritic exclusion. GAD65 synthesizes GABA for neurotransmission and is only necessary at nerve terminals and synapses. In order to aid in neurotransmission, GAD65 forms a complex with Heat Shock Cognate 70 (HSC70), cysteine string protein (CSP) and Vesicular GABA transporter (VGAT), which, as a complex, helps package GABA into vesicles for release during neurotransmission.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Peptide immunogen corresponding to amino acids 4-22 of human GAD65.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Verified
IP - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 10 µg per ml. For immunohistochemistry formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissues, a concentration range of 1.0 - 5.0 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats of this clone) include: immunoprecipitation.1
For in vivo studies or highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 844503) with a lower endotoxin limit than standard LEAF™ purified antibodies (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg).
This antibody demonstrates weaker reactivity to human compared to mouse GAD65/GAD2
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Hampe CS, et al. 2001. J. Neuroimmunol. 113:63. (IP, WB)
- Hampe CS, et al. 2007. Clin. Exp. Immunol. 148:72.
- Ziegler B, et al. 1996. Acta Diabetol. 33:225.
- Raju R, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 175:7755.
- Product Citations
AB_2565802 (BioLegend Cat. No. 844502)
- 585 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 65 kD.
Cytoplasm, cytoplasmic vesicle, golgi apparatus, plasma membrane, and marker of pre-synaptic terminals.
- Catalyzes production of GABA from L-glutamic acid.
- Taurine and hypotaurine metabolism, transmission across chemical synapses.
- Cell Type
- GABAergic Neurons
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Signal Transduction
- Antigen References
1. Walls A, et al. 2011. J. of Cerebral Blood Flow & Metabolism 31:494.
- Gene ID
- 2572 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Glutamic Acid Decarboxylase on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.