- NT73 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- RNA pol beta prime, rpoC, tabB, DNA-directed RNA polymerase subunit beta prime, RNAP subunit beta prime, RNA polymerase subunit beta prime, Transcriptase subunit beta prime
- Mouse IgG1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
RNA polymerase (RNAP or RNApol) is an enzyme that produces primary transcript RNA. The β subunit is the second-largest subunit, and is encoded by the rpoB gene. RNA polymerase β is a subunit which, along wtih α (rpoC), limits core polymerase expression.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- E. coli, Enterics, Borellia burgdorferi, Salmonella
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- 1295-1417 (SLAELLNAGLGGS) of the E. coli RNA polymerase β subunit.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ELISA, IP - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.25 - 1.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone NT73 is extremely useful for purifying holoenzymes from enterics. It does not cross-react with Mycobacterial smegmatis RNAP. This antibody is used for purifying Softag 1 epitope tagged protein expressed in eukaryotic systems. Clone NT73 recognizes epitope 1295-1417 (SLAELLNAGLGGS).
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Thompson NE, et al. 1992. Biochemistry 31:7003.
- Thompson NE, et al. 2003. Anal. Biochem. 323:171.
AB_2566242 (BioLegend Cat. No. 662904)
- 1252 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of approximately 150 kD.
- Transcriptional regulator in bacteria.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
1. Thompson NE, et al. 1992. Biochemistry 31:7003.
2. Hurwitz J, et al. 2005. J. Biol. Chem. 280:42477.
3. Hirata A, et al. 2008. Nature 451:851.
- Gene ID
- 948488 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about RNA Polymerase beta Prime on UniProt.org
|Anti-E. coli RNA Polymerase ImmunoAffinity Resin||NT73||IP|
|Purified anti-E. coli RNA Polymerase β Prime||NT73||WB, ELISA, IP|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.