- M033 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Complement Decay-Accelerating Factor, DAF
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD55, also known as the complement decay-accelerating factor, is a protein that regulates the complement system on the cell surface. CD55 recognizes the complement C4b and C3b fragments that are generated during C3 and C4 activation, and indirectly blocks the formation of the membrane attack complex. CD55 has also been shown to be a ligand for the seven-span transmembrane receptor CD97. Interaction between CD55 and CD97 has been suggested to play an important role in the pathogenesis of multiple sclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 10 µg per ml. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, a concentration range of 2.0 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
When running WB, lysates should be loaded without DTT, and unboiled.
AB_2814625 (BioLegend Cat. No. 868801)
AB_2814626 (BioLegend Cat. No. 868802)
- CD55 is a 381 amino acid protein with predicted molecular mass of ~41 kD and observed molecular mass of ~55 kD.
Tissue Distribution: Predominantly expressed in the brain, lung, ovary, and placenta
Cellular Distribution: Plasma membrane, extracellular, and Golgi apparatus
- CD55 recognizes C4b and C3b fragments that are created during C3 and C4 activation, and indirectly blocks the formation of the membrane attack complex.
- Forms non-disulfide-linked, covalent homodimer.
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells
- Biology Area
- Complement, Innate Immunity, Neurodegeneration, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Blood Group Markers, CD Molecules, Golgi Markers, Innate Immune Signaling
- Antigen References
- Dho SH, et al. 2018. Immune Netw. 18(1):e11
- Nowicki B, et al. 2013. Adv Exp Med Biol. 735:83
- Piccoli AK, et al. 2011. Rev Bras Reumatol. 51(5):503
- Gene ID
- 1604 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD55 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-CD55||M033||WB, IHC-P|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.