- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Monocyte chemotactic protein 2 (MCP-2), small inducible cytokine subfamily A, member 8 (SCYA8),Chemokine (C-C motif) ligand 8, CCL8, MCP2, MCP-2
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Note: This product does not include ELISA microwell plates. Cat. No. 423501 is recommended.
CCL8, also known as MCP-2, is a CC chemokine of the monocyte chemoattractant protein (MCP) family that plays key roles in allergic and inflammatory responses. CCL8 (MCP-2) has structural and functional similarity to other family members MCP-1 and MCP-3, and is often co-expressed with these chemokines in mononuclear cells. CCL8 is also constitutively expressed in the skin and lymph nodes of mice. Mouse CCL8 induces a chemotactic migration of a population of differentiated Th2 cells enriched in IL-5 and IL-25 receptors by binding to the CCR8 receptor. Recent studies have established CCL8 as a critical ligand for driving CCR8-dependent Th2 cell trafficking into the skin, which in conjunction with locally recruited eosinophils drives chronic cutaneous allergic inflammation. CCL8 expression by suprabasal buldge cells has also been experimentally shown to negatively regulate the population of mouse hair follicles by Langerhans cells, further underscoring this chemokines central contributions to maintaining cutaneous immunity.
The BioLegend ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Set is a sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA). The mouse (CCL8 MCP-2) capture antibody is first coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are added to the wells and CCL8 (MCP-2) binds to the immobilized capture antibody. Next, biotinylated anti-mouse CCL8 (MCP-2) detection antibody is added, producing an antibody-antigen-antibody “sandwich”. Avidin horseradish peroxidase is subsequently added, followed by TMB Substrate Solution, producing a blue color in proportion to the concentration of CCL8 (MCP-2) present in the sample. Finally, the Stop Solution changes the reaction color from blue to yellow, and the microwell absorbance is read at 450 nm with a microplate reader.
- Kit Contents
- Mouse CCL8 (MCP-2) ELISA MAX™ Capture Antibody (200X)
- Mouse CCL8 (MCP-2) ELISA MAX™ Detection Antibody (200X)
- Mouse CCL8 (MCP-2) Standard
- Avidin-HRP (1000X)
- Substrate Solution C
- Coating Buffer B (5X)
- Assay Diluent A (5X)
- Lot-Specific Certificate of Analysis/ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Set Protocol
- As a part of BioLegend's efforts to go green, each new lot of the ELISA MAX™ sets will include a summarized version of its manual. Click here for more information.
- 5.1 ± 3.3 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 15.6-1,000 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microwell plates: BioLegend Cat. No. 423501 is recommended
- Wash Buffer: BioLegend Cat. No. 421601 is recommended, or PBS + 0.05% Tween-20
- Stop Solution: BioLegend Cat. No. 423001 is recommended, or acid solution, e.g. 2N H2SO4
- Plate Sealers: BioLegend Cat. No. 423601 is recommended
- PBS (Phosphate-Buffered Saline): 8.0 g NaCl, 1.16 g Na2HPO4, 0.2 g KH2PO4, 0.2 g KCl, add deionized water to 1 L; pH to 7.4, 0.2 μm filtered
- Deionized (DI) water
- A microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 2 μL to 1 mL
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Do the ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets come with plates?
No, ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets do not come with plates. Coating Buffer and Assay Diluent (for blocking and dilutions) are included in these sets. Plates can be ordered separately (Cat No. 423501), and instructions for coating the plates are in the sets’ product manuals.