- MC-813-70 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Stage-Specific Embryonic Antigen-4, SSEA4
- Mouse IgG3, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
The MC813-70 antibody reacts with a carbohydrate antigen which is named as Stage-Specific Embryonic Antigen-4 (SSEA-4). It is a terminal structure of globo-series glycolipids (NeuAcα2-3Galβ1-3GalNAcβ1-R). SSEA-4 is expressed on human teratocarcinoma cells (EC), embryonic stem cells (ESC), embryonic germ cells (EG), and preimplantation embryos, subset of mesenchymal stem cells, erythrocytes, and erythromyeloid leukemia cell line K562. The expression of SSEA-3 on human ESC is downregulated upon differentiation. SSEA-4 is also expressed by mouse on unfertilized eggs and preimplantation to early cleaved embryos.Product Details
- Human, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Mouse, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human embryonic carcinoma cell line 2102Ep
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with FITC under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated FITC.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: ELISA1 and immunohistochemistry1 of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kannagi R, et al. 1983. The EMBO J. 2:2355
- Guven S, et al. 2015. Stem Cell Transl Med. 4:261. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_1089205 (BioLegend Cat. No. 330409)
AB_1089204 (BioLegend Cat. No. 330410)
- Carbohydrate epitope on glycosphingolipids
- Human teratocarcinoma cells (EC), embryonic stem cells (ESC), embryonic germ cells (EG), preimplantation embryos, erythrocytes and erythromyeloid leukemia cell line K562; mouse oocytes, early cleaved embryos
- Regulation of differentiation
- Cell Type
- Erythrocytes, Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Embryonic Stem Cells, Neural Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Stem Cells
- Antigen References
1. Kannagi R, et al. 1983. The EMBO J. 2:2355
2. Henderson JK, et al. 2002. Stem Cells. 20:329
3. Brimble SN, et al. 2007. Stem Cells. 25:54
4. Battula VL, et al. 2007. Differentiation. 75:279
- Gene ID
- 330401 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about SSEA-4 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.