- 12G9A36 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Interferon regulatory factor-7 (IRF-7)
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
IRF-7 is a member of the interferon regulatory transcription factor family that plays key regulatory roles in innate immunity. Upon virus infection, IRF-7 forms a complex with MyD88 and TRAF6 when stimulated by toll-like receptors TLR7, TLR8, and TLR9, which in turn results in nuclear translocation and induction of interferon gene expression. IRF-7 gene expression is upregulated by the stimulation of interferon through the Jak-STAT signaling pathway, which forms a positive feedback loop. The protein level of IRF-7 after activation is then downregulated by the ubiquitin-proteasome system to avoid excessive production of interferons that may cause damage to the host. Virus induced type I interferon expression was completely abrogated in IRF-7 knockout mice, suggesting that IRF-7 is critical for interferon mediated host defense during virus infection.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial IRF7 recombinant protein (127-503 a.a.)
- This antibody is provided in 50% glycerol in aqueous buffered solutions with preservatives.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with HRP under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, the antibody solution should be stored undiluted at -20°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested dilution is 1:2000-1:8000. The optimal dilution should be determined by titration for each individual assay of interest.
25 µl and 100 µl of Direct-Blot™ HRP antibody can be used for approximately 5 and 20 Western blots, respectively, at the recommended concentration/dilution.
- Application Notes
This clone is not recommended for ChIP (Chromatin Immunoprecipitation) assays (as determined by in-house testing).
AB_2617031 (BioLegend Cat. No. 656009)
- 503 amino acids, predicted molecular weight of 54 kD, contains an IRF tryptophan pentad repeat responsible for DNA binding
Shuttles between the cytoplasm and nucleus; activated (phosphorylated) form of IRF-7 accumulates in the nucleus
- Transcription factor that transactivates proinflamatory cytokines and type I interferon genes in response to virus infection
- Forms homodimer or heterodimer with IRF-3, interacts with TICAM-1, TICAM-2, MyD88, and TRAF6
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Signal Transduction, Transcription Factors
- Antigen References
1. Owens BM, et al. 2012. PLoS One. 7:e41050.
2. Yu Y, et al. 2010. Immunity. 33:863.
3. Liang Q, et al. 2011. J. Immunol. 186:1001.
4. Buss C, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 184:3072.
5. Joo CH, et al. 2007. J. Virol. 81:8282.
6. Balachandran S, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:2429.
- Gene ID
- 3665 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IRF7 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.