- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Avidin/Biotin Blocking Kit
Covance Catalog# SIG-31126
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|927301||2 x 15 ml||77€|
- Kit Contents
• Avidin Solution, 15 mL
• Biotin Solution, 15 mL
Both reagents are provided ready-to-use and need no dilution
- Blocking Kit. The Avidin and Biotin Solutions contain 0.1% sodium azide.
- Storage & Handling
- Store between 2°C and 8°C.
- Recommended Usage
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
For paraffin-embedded tissues: To be performed after the antigen retrieval and serum block but before primary antibody incubation.
1. Incubate the Avidin Solution for 10-15 minutes at room temperature.
2. Incubate with the Biotin Solution for 10-15 minutes at room temperature.
- Application Notes
BioLegend's Avidin/Biotin Blocking System is intended for use in immunohistochemistry and immunoblotting procedures. The purpose is to decrease the signal caused by endogenous avidin, biotin, or biotin-binding proteins when immunostaining specimens with detection systems that rely on avidin-biotin or steptavidin-biotin chemistry. Nonspecific staining due to these factors commonly resembles a diffuse, weak, cytoplasmic pattern.
- Gene ID