- 3C10 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- T cell antigen receptor Vα7.2
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
The 3C10 antibody recognizes the Vα7.2 T cell antigen receptor (TCR) α-chain segment which, joined with the Jα33 segment, constitutes an invariant TCR that is a characteristic of the mucosal-associated invariant T cells (MAIT cells). MAIT cells are restricted by a nonpolymorphic class Ib major histocompatibility complex (MHC) molecule, MHC-related molecule 1 (MR1). MAIT cells are present in human blood (1-8% of T cells), mesenteric lymph nodes, liver, and intestinal mucosa. MAIT cells play a role in detecting and fighting off microbial infections.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant TCR
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 700 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
* Alexa Fluor® 700 has a maximum emission of 719 nm when it is excited at 633 nm / 635 nm. Prior to using Alexa Fluor® 700 conjugate for flow cytometric analysis, please verify your flow cytometer's capability of exciting and detecting the fluorochrome.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
Associated with an anti-CD161 or -IL18Rα staining, the 3C10 antibody allows unequivocal identification of MAIT cells. Importantly, the Vα7.2 segment can also be used by conventional T cells. Therefore, the 3C10 also stains a subset of conventional CD4 and CD8 T cells.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Martin E, et al. 2009. PLoS Biol. 7:525.
- Wakao H, et al. 2013. Cell Stem Cell 12:1. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2566336 (BioLegend Cat. No. 351727)
AB_2566337 (BioLegend Cat. No. 351728)
- Invariant T cell antigen receptor (TCR) α-chain (iTCRa), composed of the invariant α-chain variable region 7.2 (iVα7.2) segment in humans
Mucosal-associated invariant T (MAIT) cells and conventional T cells
- Cell Type
- T cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Adaptive Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Le Bourhis L, et al. 2010. Nat. Immunol. 11:701.
- Gene ID
- 6955 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TCR V alpha7.2 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.