- A19002A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor, Receptor Tyrosine-Protein Kinase ErbB-1, Erb-B2 Receptor Tyrosine Kinase 1, ERBB1, NISBD2, PIG61, MENA, Proto-oncogene c-ErbB-1
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (EGFR) is a receptor tyrosine kinase that links extracellular mitogenic ligand binding to complex downstream signaling cascades. Initial ligand binding results in receptor oligomerization and autophosphorylation of multiple tyrosine residues within cytosolic domains of the the protein. These phosphorylation events stabilize the EGFR kinase activation loop and lead to the recruitment of adaptor proteins and other downstream effectors. EGFR stimulation leads to activation of RAS-RAF-MEK-ERK, PI3 kinase-AKT, PLCγ-PKC and STAT signaling cascades, and constitutive activation of the receptor promotes tumorigenesis in multiple cancers.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Synthetic peptide from human EGFR
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA)
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
IHC-P - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µL per million cells in 100 µL staining volume or 5 µL per 100 µL of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 647 has a maximum emission of 668 nm when it is excited at 633 nm / 635 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
This clone was tested for ICC using 4% PFA-fixed A431 cells permabilized with methanol or Triton X-100. While both permeabilization methods were compatible with the antibody, methanol enabled superior staining.
This clone is predicted to recognize isoform I based off of complete sequence homology of the immunizing peptide and the corresponding region of the isoform.
AB_2876751 (BioLegend Cat. No. 933903)
AB_2876751 (BioLegend Cat. No. 933904)
- EGFR is a 1,210 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 134 kD; the processed form is 1,186 amino acids in length.
Plasma membrane/Ubiquitously expressed
- EGFR signaling, cell signaling
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, Epithelial cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroscience, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Growth Factors
- Antigen References
- Hunter T and Cooper JA. 1981. Cell. 24:741.
- Gill GN and Lazar CS. 1981. Nature. 293:305.
- Reynolds FH, et al. 1981. Nature. 292:259
- Zhou M, et al. 2013. Cancer Res. 23:7056-67
- Gene ID
- 1956 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about EGFR on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
Other FormatsView All EGFR Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-EGFR||A19002A||ICFC,IHC-P|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.