- RB6-8C5 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
This product is eligible for a 40% discount! Promotion valid until December 31, 2023. Exclusions apply. To view full promotion terms and conditions or to contact your local BioLegend representative to receive a quote, visit our webpage.
Gr-1 is a 21-25 kD protein also known as Ly-6G/Ly-6C. This myeloid differentiation antigen is a glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI)-linked protein expressed on granulocytes and macrophages. In bone marrow, the expression levels of Gr-1 directly correlate with granulocyte differentiation and maturation; Gr-1 is also transiently expressed on bone marrow cells in the monocyte lineage. Immature Myeloid Gr-1+ cells play a role in the development of antitumor immunity.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Raised against granulocytes of mouse origin
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration and expiration, please enter the lot number in our Certificate of Analysis online tool.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
IP, CMCD, Depletion, IHC, WB - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone RB6-8C5 binds with high affinity to mouse Ly-6G molecules and to a lower extent to Ly-6C19. Clone RB6-8C5 impairs the binding of anti-mouse Ly-6G clone 1A819. However, clone RB6-8C5 is able to stain in the presence of anti-mouse Ly-6C clone HK1.420.
The RB6-8C5 antibody has been used to identify peripheral blood neutrophils and deplete granulocytes in vivo. Additional reported applications (for relevant formats of this clone) include: in vitro complement-mediated cytotoxicity2, in vivo depletion3-5,9, immunoprecipitation1, immunohistochemical staining6 (including paraffin-embedded sections9,16,33-35, acetone-fixed frozen sections11 and zinc-fixed sections15), and Western blotting7. RB6-8C5 is not suitable for depletion of hepatic myeloid derived suppressor cells (MDSCs)20.
Special Note: For in vivo studies or highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 108436).
- Additional Product Notes
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Fleming TJ, et al. 1993. J. Immunol. 151:2399. (IP)
- Brummer E, et al. 1984. J. Leukocyte Biol. 36:505. (CMCD)
- Stoppacciaro A, et al. 1993. J. Exp. Med. 178:151. (Deplete)
- Tumpey TM, et al. 1996. J. Virol. 70:898. (Deplete)
- Czuprynski CJ, et al. 1994. J. Immunol. 152:1836. (Deplete)
- Nitta H, et al. 1997. Cell Vision 4:73. (IHC)
- Jutila MA, et al. 1988. Eur. J. Immunol. 18:1819. (WB)
- Engwerda CR, et al. 2004. Am. J. Pathol. 165:2123.
- Brown CR, et al. 2004. Infect. Immun. 72:4956. (Deplete, IHC)
- Andoniou CE, et al. 2005. Nature Immunology 6:1011. (FC) PubMed
- Li M, et al. 2006. P. Natl. Acad. Sci USA 103:11736. (IHC)
- Dzhagalov I, et al. 2007. Blood 109:1620. (FC) PubMed
- Fazilleau N, et al. 2007. Nature Immunol. 8:753. (FC) PubMed
- Heuser M, et al. 2007. Blood 110:1639. (FC) PubMed
- Wang T, et al. 2007. Infect. Immun. 75:1144. (IHC)
- Bosio CM, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:4538. (IHC)
- Boehme SA, et al. 2009. Int. Immunol. 21:81. (IHC)
- Piao Y, et al. 2012. Neuro Oncol. 14:1379. PubMed
- Ribechini E, et al. 2009. Eur. J. Immunol. 39:3538.
- Ma C, et al. 2012. J. Leukoc. Biol. 92:1199.
- Li J, et al. 2012. Arthritis Rheum. 64:1098. PubMed
- Fan Q, et al. 2014. Cancer Res. 74:471. PubMed
- Korrer MJ, et al. 2014. PLoS One. 9:91370. PubMed
- Morshed M, et al. 2014. J Immunol. 192:5314. PubMed
- Collins C, et al. 2014. PNAS. 111:9899. PubMed
- Madireddi S, et al. 2014. J Exp Med. 211:1433. PubMed
- Bianchi G, et al. 2014. Cell Death Dis. 5:1135. PubMed
- Guo H, et al. 2014. J Leukoc Biol. 96:419. PubMed
- Roderick JE, et al. 2014. PNAS. 111:14436. PubMed
- Distel E, et al. 2014. Circ Res. 115:759. PubMed
- Iwai H, et al. 2015. Tuberculosis. 95:246. PubMed
- Charmsaz S, et al. 2015. PLoS One. 10:130692. PubMed
- Whiteland J, et al. 1994 J Histochem Cytochem 43:3 (IHC-P)
- Brown C, et al. 2003 J Immunology 171:2 (IHC-P)
- Obregon-Henao A, et al. PLoS One 8:11 (IHC-P)
- Product Citations
AB_2876420 (BioLegend Cat. No. 108462)
AB_2616682 (BioLegend Cat. No. 108454)
AB_2876420 (BioLegend Cat. No. 108461)
AB_11148945 (BioLegend Cat. No. 108435)
AB_11147952 (BioLegend Cat. No. 108436)
AB_2616681 (BioLegend Cat. No. 108453)
- 21-25 kD
- Cell Type
- Granulocytes, Monocytes, Neutrophils
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Antigen References
1. Fleming TJ, et al. 1993. J. Immunol. 151:2399.
2. Jutila MA, et al. 1988. Eur. J. Immunol. 18:1819.
3. Goni O, et al. 2002. Int. Immunol. 14:1125.
- Gene ID
- 17067 View all products for this Gene ID 546644 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Ly-6G Ly-6C on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
APC anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
Biotin anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
FITC anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
PE anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
PE/Cyanine5 anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
Purified anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
APC/Cyanine7 anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
Pacific Blue™ anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
PerCP anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
Brilliant Violet 570™ anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
Purified anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1) (Maxpar® Ready)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
TotalSeq™-A0116 anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
TotalSeq™-C0116 anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
TotalSeq™-B0116 anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
Spark Blue™ 550 anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
APC/Fire™ 810 anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)
Spark Violet™ 423 anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (GR-1) Antibody
Spark UV™ 387 anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (GR-1)
Spark Violet™ 538 anti-mouse Ly-6G/Ly-6C (Gr-1)