- 364-3B3-14 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-1α, Lymphocyte-activating factor (LAF), Endogenous pyrogen (EP), Leukocyte endogenous mediator (LEM), Mononuclear cell factor (MCF/MNCF)
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-1 refers to two proteins, IL-1α and IL-1β which are the products of distinct genes, but which are recognized by the same cell surface receptors. IL-1α is a potent immuno-modulator which mediates a wide range of immune and inflammatory responses. The 364-3B3-14 antibody reacts with human interleukin-1α (IL-1α). The 364-3B3-14 antibody is a non-neutralizing antibody.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity*: Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human IL-1α
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.01 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
ELISPOT Capture, ICFC, IHC - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA capture applications, a concentration range of 1.0 - 4.0 µg/mL is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of IL-1α recombinant protein ranging from 200 to 1.56 pg/mL are recommended for each ELISA plate. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA or ELISPOT Capture1: The purified 364-3B3-14 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated Poly5313 antibody (Cat. No. 531304) as the detecting antibody and recombinant human IL-1a (Cat. No. 570009) as the standard. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 500108) is suggested for ELISPOT capture.
Flow Cytometry4: The fluorochrome-labeled 364-3B3-14 antibody is useful for intracellular immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis to identify IL-1a -producing cells within mixed cell populations. For intracellular cytokine staining protocol, please visit www.biolegend.com and click on the support section.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemistry3. The 364-3B3-14 is a non-neutralizing antibody.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Thorpe R, et al. 1988. Lymphokine Res. 2:119.
- Prussin C, et al. 1995. J. Immunol. Meth. 188:117.
- Andersson U, et al. 1999. Detection and quantification of gene expression. New York:Springer-Verlag.
- Enriquez, J, et al. 2002. Adv. Perit Dial. 18:177.
- Lu Y, et al. 2015. PNAS. 112:607. PubMed
AB_2890851 (BioLegend Cat. No. 500108)
AB_2890851 (BioLegend Cat. No. 500109)
- Cytokine; 17.5 kD (Mammalian)
- Stimulates T cells, B cells, proliferation/activation of NK cells, fibroblasts, thymocytes, glioblastoma cells, astroglia, microglia
- Cell Sources
- Monocytes, tissue macrophages, Langerhans cells, dendritic cells, T and B cells, natural killer (NK) cells, large granular lymphocytes (LGL), vascular endothelium, smooth muscle, fibroblasts, thymic epithelia, astrocytes, microglia, glioma, keratinocytes,
- Cell Targets
- B cells, T cells, monocytes, dendritic cells
- Type I IL-1R (CDw121a), Type II IL-1R (CDw121b)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald, K., et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Bomford, R., et al. Eds. 1989. Interleukin-1, inflammation and disease. Elsevier, New York.
3. Brazel, D., et al. 1991. Biotechnol. Ther. 2:241.
4. Dinarello, C. 1996. Blood 87:2095.
- Upregulated by TNF-α, IFN-α, IFN-β, IFN-γ, bacterial endotoxins, viruses, mitogens, antigens; downregulated by IL-6, lipoproteins, lipids, and α2-macroglobulin
- Gene ID
- 3552 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-1alpha on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.