- Poly18111 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- PSEN1, AD3, Alzheimer disease 3, FAD, PS-1, PS1, S182, gamma-secretase
Covance Catalog# PRB-354P
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
The gamma secretase is a multiprotein complex consisting of presenilin, nicastrin, Aph-1 and Pen-2. All four proteins are necessary for full proteolytic activity. The gamma secretase complex catalyzes cleavage of a number of integral membrane proteins, which include the Amyloid precursor protein, Notch, Erb4, and E-cadherin. The results of several recent studies indicate that the functional gamma secretase activity mostly arises from a low abundance and very high molecular weight complex (>670 kD). The data suggests that additional proteins may be present in these functional complexes or that the functional complex is a higher order multimer of presenilin, aph-1, pen-2, and nicastrin.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This polyclonal antibody was raised against a peptide corresponding to the N-terminus of human PS1.
- Molecular Mass
- Expected MW 50kD and 30kD
- Phosphate-buffered solution + 0.03% Thimerosal.
- The antibody was purified by antigen affinity.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
WB, ICC, IP
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• Western blot: 1:1,000*
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting (WB).
WB Positive Control: Human Brain lysate
This product may contain other non-IgG subtypes.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Gu Y, Sanjo N, Chen F, Hasegawa H, Petit A, Ruan X, Li W, Shier C, Kawarai T, Schmitt-Ulms G, Westaway D, St George-Hyslop P, Fraser PE. The presenilin proteins are components of multiple membrane-bound complexes which have different biological activities. J Biol Chem 279(30):31329-31336, 2004.
- Yu G, Chen F, Nishimura M, Steiner H, Tandon A, Kawarai T, Arawaka S, Supala A, Song YQ, Rogaeva E, Holmes E, Zhang DM, Milman P, Fraser PE, Haass C, George-Hyslop PS. Mutation of conserved aspartates affects maturation of both aspartate mutant and endogenous presenilin1 and presenilin 2 complexes. J Biol Chem 275(35):27348-27353, 2000.
- Chen F, Yang DS, Petanceska S, Yang A, Tandon A, Yu G, Rozmahel R, Ghiso J, Nishimura M, Zhang DM, Kawarai T, Levesque G, Mills J, Levesque L, Song YQ, Rogaeva E, Westaway D, Mount H, Gandy S, St George-Hyslop P, Fraser PE. Carboxyl-terminal fragments of alzheimer beta-amyloid precursor protein accumulate in restricted and unpredicted intracellular compartments in presenilin 1-deficient cells. J Biol Chem 275(47):36794-36802, 2000.
- Product Citations
AB_2564752 (BioLegend Cat. No. 811101)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Protein Misfolding and Aggregation
- Molecular Family
- Gene ID
- 5663 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Presenilin 1 NH2 terminus on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.