- W20004B (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- MOB Kinase Activator 1A
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
MOB1 was first identified in yeast. MOB1 belongs to the Mps One Binder (MOB) co-activator protein family and is highly conserved from yeast to mammals. In humans, there are two genes that are highly homologous to yeast's MOB1: MOB1A and MOB1B. At the protein level, MOB1A and MOB1B are 95% identical. MOB1 is mainly located in the cytoplasm and is part of the Hippo pathway. The Hippo pathway was first identified in Drosophilia and is highly conserved in mammals. The pathway regulates cell contact inhibition, organ size control, and cancer development. In mammals, MOB1 is phosphorylated by MST1/2 and the activated MOB1 promotes LATS1/2 activation which in turn phosphorylates YAP1 and TAZ, causing them to be retained in the cytoplasm for ubiquitous degradation.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human MOB1A protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IP - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by western blotting. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.25 - 1.0 µg/mL. For immunoprecipitation, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.5 µg/test. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone is not suitable for ICC. It failed to produce specific signal by ICC after fixing cells following three fix and perm methods (e.g. 4% PFA/methanol, methanol or 4% PFA/Triton X-100).
AB_2894533 (BioLegend Cat. No. 946701)
AB_2894533 (BioLegend Cat. No. 946702)
- MOB1A is a 216 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 25 kD.
Nuclear and cytosolic
- Hippo pathway
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology
- Antigen References
- Florindo C. et al. 2012. J Cell Sci. 125:3085-90.
- Hergovich A. 2011. Cell Signal. 23:1433-40.
- Hong A. et al. 2016. Nat Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol. 13:324-37.
- Stavridi ES. et al. 2003. Structure. 11:1163-70.
- Wilmeth L. et al. 2010. Mol Biol Cell. 21:380-92.
- Zeng Q. and Hong W. 2008. Cancer Cell. 13:188-92.
- Gene ID
- 55233 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about MOB1A on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-MOB1A||W20004B||WB, IP|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.