- 1A5 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- VII 70443
- Other Names
- OBBP2, CD33L2, OB-BP2
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD170, also known as Siglec-5, is a single pass transmembrane protein member of the immunoglobulin superfamily. On the cell surface, CD170 forms a 140 kD dimer. The cytoplasmic domain of Siglec-5 contains two ITIM motifs that recruit the tyrosine-phosphatases SHP-1 and SHP-2 after tyrosine-phosphorylation, which in turn results in the inhibition of cell signaling. Siglec-5 is expressed by granulocytes, monocytes/macrophages, subsets of lymphocytes, and a subset of activated dendritic cells. Siglec-5 binds α2,3- and α2,6-linked sialic acid as well as glycophorin A, and is involved in cell adhesion.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Chimpanzee, Bonobo, Gorilla2
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Extracellular region of Siglec-5
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
ELISA - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
The 1A5 antibody cross-reacts with Siglec-144. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: ELISA2.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Cornish AL, et al. 1998. Blood 92:2123.
- Nguyen DH, et al. 2006. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 103:7765. (FC, ELISA)
- Connolly NP, et al. 2002. Br. J. Haematol. 119:221.
- Angata T, et al. 2006. FASEB J. 20:1964.
- Avril T, et al. 2005. J. Biol. Chem. 280:19843.
AB_10896789 (BioLegend Cat. No. 352002)
- Member of the immunoglobulin superfamily, single pass transmembrane protein, forms a 140 kD dimer; cytoplasmic domain contains two ITIM motifs
- Granulocytes, monocytes/macrophages, subsets of lymphocytes, and activated dendritic cells
- Inhibitory receptor, cell adhesion
- SHP-1, SHP-2
- α2,3- and α2,6-linked sialic acid, glycophorin A
- Cell Type
- Granulocytes, Monocytes, Macrophages, Lymphocytes, Dendritic cells, B cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules, Siglec Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Soto PC, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 184:4185.
2. Carlin AF, et al. 2009. J. Exp. Med. 206:1691.
3. Zhuravleva MA. 2008. J. Mol. Biol. 375:437.
- Gene ID
- 8778 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD170 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.