- J047C5 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- SIS-delta, T-cell specific protein p288, beta-chemokine RANTES, regulated upon activation, normally T-expressed, and presumably secreted, small inducible cytokine A5
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CCL5 (RANTES), also known as CCL5, is a 7.8 kD member of the CC family of chemokines, which is expressed in T cells and monocytes/macrophages. RANTES is strongly chemotactic for monocytes/macrophages, memory T cells, eosinophils, and induces histamine release from basophils. In a solution, RANTES can form high molecular weight aggregates that exhibit dissimilar biological activities to its dimeric form. The aggregates cause T cell and neutrophil activation while promoting HIV infection, whereas the dimeric form exhibits RANTES-induced chemotaxis and inhibits HIV infection. As T cells become activated, RANTES secretion appears to decrease.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human CCL5
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA capture applications, a concentration of 0.5 µg/mL is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of human CCL5 recombinant protein ranging from 500 to 7.8 pg/mL are recommended for each ELISA plate. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA Capture: The purified J047C5 (Cat. No. 526402) antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated Poly5197 antibody (Cat. No. 519703) as the detection antibody and Recombinant Human CCL5 (RANTES) (ELISA Std.) (Cat. No. 580209) as the standard.
Note: For testing human CCL5 (RANTES) in serum, plasma or cell culture supernatant, BioLegend's ELISA LEGEND MAX™ Kits (Cat. No. 440807 & 440808) are specially developed and recommended.
AB_2563996 (BioLegend Cat. No. 526402)
- RANTES/CCL5 is secreted by lymphocytes, macrophages, eosinophils, platelets, and fibroblasts. RANTES is expressed by hepatocytes, sinusoidal endothelial cells and biliary epithelium during chronic hepatitis C.
- RANTES can promote IL-2 and IL-5 expression in human T cells, and the expression of IL-6 and IL-8 in fibroblasts from patients with RA. RANTES modulates the LPS-induced IL-6 and TNFα in peripheral blood monocytes; this modulation is through the induction of IL-10 by RANTES.
- RANTES/CCL5 is chemoattractant for memory and activated T cells, monocytes, dendritic cells, eosinophils, NK cells, mast cells, and basophils.
- CCR1, CCR3, CCR4, and CCR5.
- Cell Type
- Lymphocytes, Macrophages, Eosinophils, Platelets, Fibroblasts
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Brown KD, et al. 1989. J. Immunol. 142:679.
2. Schall TJ, et al. 1990. Nature 6294:669-671.
3. Cocchi F, et al. 1995. Science 270:1811-1815.
4. Shahrara S, et al. 2006. J. Immunol. 177:5077-5087.
5. Larrubia JR, et al. 2008. World J. Gastroenterol. 14:7149-7159.
6. Gleissner CA, et al. 2008. Arterioscler Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 28:1920-1927.
7. Von Luettichau, et al. 1996. Cytokine 8:89.
8. Schall TJ. 1991. Cytokine 3:165.
9. Marques RE, et al. 2013. Expert Opin. Ther. Targets 17:1439.
- Gene ID
- 6352 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CCL5 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.