- 10C7/Eg5 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Kinesin-like protein KIF11, kinesin-related motor protein Eg5, kinesin-like spindle protein HKSP, thyroid receptor interacting protein 5 (TRIP5)
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- 1 reviews
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Eg5 (also known as kinesin-like protein KIF11, kinesin-related motor protein Eg5, kinesin-like spindle protein HKSP, and thyroid receptor interacting protein 5 (TRIP5)) is a 119 kD kinesin-like protein family, BimC subfamily. This protein is a catalytic kinesin motor with coiled-coil and Smc domains. Eg5 is localized at the centrosomes, spindle microtubules, and intracellular bridge. This motor protein is required for establishing the bipolar spindle. hEg5 is modified by phosphorylation on Thr927 by Cdc2 to allow association with the spindle apparatus. Eg5 has been shown to interact with the thyroid hormone receptor in presence of thyroid hormone and Cdc2. The 10C7/Eg5 monoclonal antibody has been shown to react with human and mouse Eg5 by Western blot.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Amino Acid: 200-500 of human Eg5
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide at 0.5 mg/ml.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC, IP - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. Western blotting, suggested working dilution(s): Use 5 µg antibody per 5 ml antibody dilution buffer for each mini-gel. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Product Citations
AB_2130964 (BioLegend Cat. No. 627801)
AB_2130963 (BioLegend Cat. No. 627802)
- Kinesin-like protein family, BimC subfamily, kinesin motor catalytic, coiled-coil, Smc domains; 119 kD
Centrosomes, spindle microtubules, intracellular bridge
- Motor protein required for establishing bipolar spindle
- Thyroid hormone receptor in presence of thyroid hormone, Cdc2
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication
- Antigen References
1. Lee J, et al. 1995. Mol. Endocrinol. 9:243.
2. Blangy A, et al. 1995. Cell 83:1159.
3. Whitehead C, et al. 1998. J. Cell Sci. 111:2551.
4. DeBonis S, et al. 2003. Biochemistry. 42:338.
- Phosphorylation on Thr927 by Cdc2 allows association with spindle apparatus
- Gene ID
- 3832 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Eg5 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.