- P1D6 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- FNRA, VLA5A, Integrin alpha-5, VLA-5, integrin alpha-F, CD49 antigen-like family member E, fibronectin receptor subunit alpha, very late activation protein 5, alpha subunit
- Mouse IgG3
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD49e is a type I integral membrane glycoprotein, known as α5 integrin, or VLA-5 α chain. It forms noncovalent heterodimer with integrin β1 (CD29). CD49e contains two disulfide-linked subunits of 135 kD and 24 kD, and is mainly expressed on thymocytes, activated lymphocytes, endothelial cells, osteoblasts, melanoma, and some myeloid leukemia cells. CD49e/CD29 complex binds to fibronectin and neural adhesion molecule L1. It mediates monocytes migration, it is involved in the regulation of cells survival and apoptosis, and co-stimulates T cell activation.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- The P1D6 monoclonal antibody was generated against human HT1080 fibrosarcoma cells and reacts with the α5 integrin subunit.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 2.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats of this clone) include: blocking2. The LEAF™ or Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody is recommended for blocking and functional assays (contact our custom solutions team).
This antibody binds to the cytoplasmic surface of native and denatured muscle AChR α1 subunits, within amino acids 371-386.
P1D6 interferes with binding of integrin-bearing cells to fibronectin but not collagen, laminin 1 or vitronectin coated surfaces.
This antibody neutralizes binding of α5β1 to the central cell adhesion domain of fibronectin, which is located within a 80 kD tryptic fragment.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Wayner EA, et al. 1992. J. Cell. Biol. 116(2):489.
- Wayner EA, et al. 1987. J. Cell. Biol. 105:1873. (Block)
- Wayner EA, et al. 1989. J. Cell. Biol. 109(3):1321.
AB_2616796 (BioLegend Cat. No. 921704)
- Integrin α5 is a 115 kD protein.
- Plasma membrane.
- CD49e (Integrin α5) is a component of VLA-5 receptor. It is a cell surface adhesion receptor mediating cell-adhesion to extra cellular matrix or to other cells through heterodimerization and connecting to the cytoskeleton and various signaling molecules within the cells. Complexing with ITGB1 in fibronectin receptor.
- Cell Type
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Stem Cells, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Gene ID
- 3678 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD49e on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-CD49e (Integrin α5)||P1D6||FC|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.