- MAT3-4G10/8 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- ATM Serine/Threonine Kinase, Ataxia Telangiectasia Mutated, Serine-Protein Kinase ATM
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Ataxia telangiectasia mutated kinase (ATM) is a serine/threonine kinase that plays a critical role in cell cycle checkpoints and DNA repair. ATM is normally maintained as an inactive dimer in unstressed cells. Cellular irradiation and other genotoxic events that lead to double-stranded DNA breaks induce a rapid intermolecular autophosphorylation of serine 1981 that results in dimer dissociation and initiation of intrinsic kinase activity. ATM serine 1981 phosphorylation is considered a powerful surrogate of both ATM activation and double-stranded DNA break repair. ATM directly regulates a broad range of substrate proteins involved in cell cycle checkpoint control, apoptosis, and DNA repair, including tumor suppressor proteins p53 and BRCA1, and the checkpoint kinase Chk2.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Synthetic mouse ATM peptide
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IP - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by western blotting. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.125 - 1.0 µg/mL. For immunoprecipitation, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.0 µg/test. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone was not tested for ICC due to the detection of proteins of unknown origin by western blot.
AB_2876766 (BioLegend Cat. No. 939301)
AB_2876766 (BioLegend Cat. No. 939302)
- ATM is 3056 amino acids protein with a predicted molecular weight of ~351 kD.
Ubiquitously expressed, nuclear
- Serine, threonine kinase, DNA repair and checkpoint signaling
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, DNA Repair/Replication
- Antigen References
1. Lee JH and Paull TT. 2007. Oncogene. 26:7741.
2. Bakkenist CJ and Kastan MB. 2003. Nature. 421:499.
3. McConville CM, et al. 1996. Am. J. Hum. Genet. 59:320.
4. Tang X, et al. 2008. Mol. Cell Biol. 28:2559.
- Gene ID
- 472 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about ATM on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.