- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Human anti-mouse antibodies (HAMA) Pre-coated ELISA Kit
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|438307||1 Pre-coated Plate||328€|
Human anti-mouse antibodies, also known as HAMA, are antibodies found in human serum which have the ability to bind to mouse immunoglobulin. Pre-existing HAMA activity has been detected in approximately 5-10% of normal populations, which is believed to be caused by exposure to mice or mouse agents. Therapeutic use of mouse monoclonal antibodies or products derived from mouse monoclonal antibodies are becoming the most common cause of HAMA activities in patient serum. There is an increasing need to determine the levels of HAMA in human serum samples in the therapeutic, assay development, and diagnostic areas. For example, in the therapeutic area, HAMA generated in response to injected monoclonal antibodies not only can bind and reduce the efficacy of the therapeutics, but also can cause anaphylactic complications to subsequent administration of mouse monoclonal antibodies. Therefore, it is useful for monitoring the prognosis of patients that received a mouse monoclonal antibody treatment. In addition, HAMA due to its nature to bind mouse IgG, tend to cause false positive results in Sandwich ELISA or false negative results in competitive immunoassays utilizing mouse monoclonal antibodies. It is important to measure serum samples for HAMA in case of unexpected immunoassay results.
BioLegend’s LEGEND MAX™ Human Anti-Mouse Ig (HAMA) ELISA Kit is a sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA), in which, mouse Ig is pre-coated on a 96-well strip-well plate.
BioLegend’s LEGEND MAX™ Human Anti-Mouse Ig (HAMA) ELISA Kit is specifically designed for the accurate quantitation of Human anti-mouse Ig from serum and plasma. It is ready-to-use, accurate, and sensitive.Product Details
- Kit Contents
- Mouse Ig Pre-coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Mouse Ig Conjugate
- HAMA Standard
- HAMA Quality Control 1
- HAMA Quality Control 2
- Matrix A (for serum and plasma samples only)
- Assay Buffer A
- Wash Buffer (20X)
- Substrate Solution C
- Stop Solution
- Plate Sealers
- Verified Reactivity
- Product Citations
- 1 ng/mL
- Standard Range
- 3.9-250 ng/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microplate reader able to measure absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 1 µL to 1,000 µL
- Deionized water
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Shaker
- Polypropylene vials
- Biology Area
- Gene ID
- View information about HAMA on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
- In your LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kits, there is a step that calls for washing the plates before adding sample. What is the purpose of this step?
We typically use a stabilizer for pre-coated plates. The additional washing step is designed to remove these components before you start the assay. If you do not perform the washing, the effect on assay performance is negligible.
- I have multiple LEGEND MAX™ ELISA kits that I want to run simultaneously. Can I use the same wash buffer for all the kits?
The wash buffer provided in all our LEGEND MAX™ kits is the same and the part numbers on the wash buffer bottles in these kits should be identical. For ELISA MAX™ Deluxe and ELISA MAX™ Standard Sets, we provide a recipe for the wash buffer on each kit’s technical data sheet. This recipe is the same for all ELISA MAX™ sets.
- For some of your ELISA kits, why do my serum samples require dilution with assay buffer?
In some cases, dilution with assay buffer is required to minimize the matrix difference between the samples and the standards to achieve better accuracy.