- OKT3 (See other available formats)
- HCDM listed
- Other Names
- T3, CD3ε
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD3ε is a 20 kD chain of the CD3/T cell receptor (TCR) complex, which is composed of two CD3ε, one CD3γ, one CD3δ, one CD3ζ (CD247), and a T cell receptor (α/β or γ/δ) heterodimer. It is found on all mature T lymphocytes, NK T cells, and some thymocytes. CD3, also known as T3, is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily that plays a role in antigen recognition, signal transduction, and T cell activation.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- 0.1 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.01 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
- Recommended Usage
1 µg/mL of antibody antibody in PBS, for plate coating protocols; 10 µg/mL of OKT3 antibody for soluble antibody activation methods
- Application Notes
The OKT3 monoclonal antibody reacts with an epitope on the epsilon-subunit within the human CD3 complex.
Clone OKT3 can block the binding of clones SK7 and UCHT1.4 The OKT3 antibody is able to induce T cell activation. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections and activation of T cells. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 317304). For highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 317326) with a lower endotoxin limit than standard LEAF™ purified antibodies (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg).
- Additional Product Notes
This antibody is intended for activation and expansion of CD3 T cells in research and ex vivo cell culture applications. The antibody was GMP manufactured under serum-free conditions, including serum-free hybridoma cell culture, without additional animal or human-derived materials.
OKT3 antibody can be used in combination with anti-human CD28 antibodies to efficiently activate T cells when used at 1 µg/mL of antibody in PBS, for plate coating protocols. Plates should be coated for 2 hours in a tissue culture incubator, or overnight at 4°C. For soluble antibody activation protocols we recommend 10 µg/mL of OKT3 antibody and 5 µg/mL of anti-human CD28.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Schlossman S, et al. Eds. 1995. Leucocyte Typing V. Oxford University Press. New York.
- Knapp W. 1989. Leucocyte Typing IV. Oxford University Press New York.
- Barclay N, et al. 1997. The Leucocyte Antigen Facts Book. Academic Press Inc. San Diego.
- Li B, et al. 2005. Immunology 116:487.
- Jeong HY, et al. 2008. J. Leuckocyte Biol. 83:755. PubMed
- Alter G, et al. 2008. J. Virol. 82:9668. PubMed
- Manevich-Mendelson E, et al. 2009. Blood 114:2344. PubMed
- Pinto JP, et al. 2010. Immunology. 130:217. PubMed
- Biggs MJ, et al. 2011. J. R. Soc. Interface. 8:1462. PubMed
AB_2894461 (BioLegend Cat. No. 317354)
AB_2894461 (BioLegend Cat. No. 317353)
GMP Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies. BioLegend GMP Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies are manufactured in a dedicated GMP facility and compliant with ISO 13485:2016. For research or ex vivo cell processing use. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures. Our processes include:
- Batch-to-batch consistency
- Material traceability
- Documented procedures
- Documented employee training
- Equipment maintenance and monitoring records
- Lot-specific certificates of analysis
- Quality audits per ISO 13485:2016
- QA review of released products
BioLegend GMP Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies are manufactured and tested in accordance with USP Chapter 1043, Ancillary Materials for Cell, Gene and Tissue-Engineered Products and Ph. Eur. Chapter 5.2.12
- Ig superfamily, the subunits CD3γ, CD3δ, CD3ζ (CD247) and TCR (α/β or γ/δ) form the CD3/TCR complex, 20 kD
Mature T and NK T cells, thymocyte differentiation
- Antigen recognition, signal transduction, T cell activation
- Peptide antigen bound to MHC
- Cell Type
- NKT cells, T cells, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
- Barclay N, et al. 1993. The Leucocyte FactsBook. Academic Press. San Diego.
- Beverly P, et al. 1981. Eur. J. Immunol. 11:329.
- Lanier L, et al. 1986. J. Immunol. 137:2501.
- Gene ID
- 916 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD3 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Purified anti-human CD3
FITC anti-human CD3
PE anti-human CD3
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human CD3
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD3
Pacific Blue™ anti-human CD3
APC anti-human CD3
Biotin anti-human CD3
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD3
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-human CD3
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD3
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD3
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human CD3
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human CD3
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD3
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD3
PerCP anti-human CD3
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human CD3
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD3
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD3
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD3
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD3
GMP Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD3 SF
PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD3 Antibody
GMP Ultra-LEAF™ Biotin anti-human CD3 SF
Spark UV™ 387 anti-human CD3
Spark Red™ 718 anti-human CD3