- MI15 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- HCDM listed
- Other Names
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD138, a member of the syndecan protein family, is a type I integral membrane heparin sulfate proteoglycan also known as Syndecan-1. Syndecan-1 participates in cell proliferation, cell migration, and cell-matrix adhesion via interaction with collagen, fibronectin, and other soluble molecules (such as FGF-basic). It is expressed on normal and malignant human plasma cells, pre-B cells, epithelial cells, and endothelial cells, but not on mature circulating B-lymphocytes. It is also expressed on some non-hematopoietic cells, including embryonic mesenchymal cells, vascular smooth muscle cells, endothelial cells, and neural cells.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- A mixture of U266 and XG-1 human myeloma cell lines.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
The epitope recognized by MI15 is found within the ectodomain of the CD138 core protein. It has been reported that MI15 blocks the binding of clone B-B4 but not clone DL-101 by flow cytometric analysis. Clones DL-101 and MI15 exhibit differential staining patterns on in vitro generated plasma cells and some CD138+ cell lines.4
Additional reported applications for the relevant formats include: immunofluorescent staining1, Western blotting2, immunohistochemical staining of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded frozen tissue sections3, and spatial biology (IBEX)5,6.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Costes V, et al. 1999. Hum. Pathol. 30:1405. (IF)
- Gattei V, et al. 1999. Br. J. Haematol. 104:152. (WB)
- Bologna-Molina R, et al. 2008. Oral Oncol. 44:805. (IHC)
- Itoua MR, et al. 2014. Biomed. Res. Int. 2014:536482.
- Radtke AJ, et al. 2020. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 117:33455-33465. (SB) PubMed
- Radtke AJ, et al. 2022. Nat Protoc. 17:378-401. (SB) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2562659 (BioLegend Cat. No. 356515)
AB_2562660 (BioLegend Cat. No. 356516)
- 100-200 kD type I integral transmembrane glycoprotein
Plasma cells, pre-B cells, epithelial cells, endothelial cells
- Adhesion, controls cell morphology, regulates cell growth
- FGFb, collagen, fibronectin
- Cell Type
- B cells, Endothelial cells, Epithelial cells, Plasma cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Immunology, Neuroscience, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Sanderson RD, et al. 1992. Cell. Regul. 1:27.
2. Zola H, et al. 2007. Leukocyte and Stromal Cell Molecules: The CD Markers. Wiley-Liss A John Wiley & Sons Inc, Publication.
- Gene ID
- 6382 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD138 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
PE anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
Purified anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
APC anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
FITC anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
Pacific Blue™ anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
TotalSeq™-A0055 anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
Biotin anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
TotalSeq™-C0055 anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
TotalSeq™-B0055 anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
TotalSeq™-D0055 anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
PE/Fire™ 640 anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)
Spark Violet™ 500 anti-human CD138 (Syndecan-1)