- 6B8B69 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- P44/42 MAP (motogen activated protein) Kinase, Extracelluar signal-regulated kinase (ERK)
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
ERK1/2 are members of mitogen-activated kinases (MAPKs) of serine/threonine protein kinases. ERK1/2 can be activated by a range of extracellular stimuli, such as mitogen, growth factors, neurotransmitters, chemokines, and cytokines, through receptor tyrosine kinases (RTK), G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs), or protein kinase C (PKC). Upon stimulation, ERK1/2 are phosphorylated by the upstream kinase MEK on residues Thr202 and Tyr204 and in turn phosphorylate many other downstream molecules that are involved in a range of cellular processes such as cell proliferation, differentiation, motility and cell death.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Synthetic peptide (TGFLT*EY*VATRC) conjugated to KLH.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular flow cytometry using our True-Phos™ Perm Buffer in Cell Suspensions Protocol. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Becton, Dickinson and Company and its affiliates. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. patent(s), pending patent applications and/or foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Clone 6B8B69 was found to strongly cross-react with mouse ERK1/2 Phospho (Thr202/Tyr204) when tested in-house on C57BL/6 mouse splenocytes.
AB_2629708 (BioLegend Cat. No. 369509)
AB_2629709 (BioLegend Cat. No. 369510)
- ERK1 and ERK2 encode 42 and 44 kD protein kinases and share 85% homology.
Cytoplasm and the nucleus.
- ERK1/2 are broadly expressed protein kinases that are involved in proliferation, differentiation, motility, and cell death. In response to extracellular stimuli, ERK1 and ERK2 are phosphorylated at Thr202 and Tyr204; and in turn transduce signals to downstream substrates.
- ERK1/2 phosphorylates a wide range of downstream substrates, such as ATF2, BCL6, EIF4EBP1, CANX, MAP2, DAPK1, RAF1, SYK, and GRB10.
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Phospho-Proteins, Postsynaptic proteins, Protein Kinases/Phosphatase
- Antigen References
1. Futran AS, et al. 2013. Curr. Biol. 23:R972.
2. Mendoza MC, et al. 2011. Trends Biochem. Sci. 36:320.
3. Chambard JC, et al. 2007. Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1773:1299.
4. Roux PP, et al. 2004. Microbiol. Mol. Biol. Rev. 68:320.
5. Torii S, et al. 2004. J. Biochem. 136:557.
6. Clark EA, et al. 1996. J. Biol. Chem. 271:14814.
- Gene ID
- 5594 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about ERK1/2 Phospho Thr202 Tyr204 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.