- JM7A4 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- IL-15Rα chain, IL-15R, IL-15Rα
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-15 receptor α (IL-15Rα) is a cytokine receptor with the structural homology to IL-2Rα (CD25). Both α receptors contain a group of β sandwich protein called sushi domains. Similar to IL-2Rα, IL-15Rα is able to form a heterotrimer with their β chain (CD122) and common γ chain (γc, CD132). But unlike IL-2Rα subunit, IL-15Rα itself binds to IL-15 with equivalent high affinity compared with the heterotrimeric complex. IL-15Rα is expressed as soluble or transmembrane forms by variety cells, such as activated monocytes, dendritic cells, CD8+ memory T cells, NK or NKT cells. IL-15Rα by itself forms stable complexes with IL-15 on cell surface and presents IL-15 in trans to neighboring cells. IL-15, like IL-2, is a pleiotropic four-helix bundle cytokine and plays a key role in promoting T and B cell survival and proliferation, preferentially in memory CD8+ T cell proliferation, and NK/NKT cell development.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
AB_2248982 (BioLegend Cat. No. 330204)
- Dendritic cells, activated monocytes, memory CD8 T cells and NK/NKT cells
- Support T and B cell proliferation and development, preferentially for memory CD8+ T cell proliferation, and NK/NKT cell development
- IL-15 with high affinity
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Monocytes, T cells, NK cells, NKT cells
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Giri JG, et al. 1995. EMBO J. 14:3654.
2. Giron-Michel J, et al. 2005. Blood 106:2302.
3. Lorenzen I, et al. 2005. J. Biol. Chem. 281:6642.
4. Sato N, et al. 2007. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 104:588.
- Gene ID
- 3601 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD215 on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.